New Game: Old Garage Photo w/your XS

To me - a bowser is a fuel truck used around airports.

hmmmm.....
41738917851_f9ac917c32_b.jpg

Last edited:
Out for a ride today. Went through a small 1 stop sign town about 25 miles North of me. Old gas station garage. I would bet at one time it was a Standard station. Now a metal fab shop only open at night and Saturdays.
upload_2020-7-16_14-52-11.png

Out back was a interesting old camper.
upload_2020-7-16_14-56-40.png

Out for a ride today. Went through a small 1 stop sign town about 25 miles North of me. Old gas station garage. I would bet at one time it was a Standard station. Now a metal fab shop only open at night and Saturdays.
View attachment 172069
View attachment 172071
I love it !
Crusty, dusty wonderfulness.

Reminds me of a local rusty garage in Elbridge NY, post #261
http://www.xs650.com/threads/new-game-old-garage-photo-w-your-xs.50099/page-14

ZZXXZZ.JPG

View attachment 172069
View attachment 172071

I love it !
Crusty, dusty wonderfulness.

Reminds me of a local rusty garage in Elbridge NY, post #261
http://www.xs650.com/threads/new-game-old-garage-photo-w-your-xs.50099/page-14

View attachment 172072

Those are great guys! In both of those photos you can clearly see the bones of the old gas station. That design of two service bays and a small glass windowed Office were ubiquitous for decades. Inside the office is where you paid for your gas and maybe bought a candy bar , a bottle of pop or a pack of cigarettes.
A282C133-EEA1-4979-AAAE-D0255888D687.png 714B6CBB-3E6E-4C48-9E10-D3A00EB52E8F.jpeg ACD40FF2-8667-4955-A94E-641310C776B8.jpeg

The Standard station I worked at during high school was laid out like the one in my pic. You can't see it in my pic but there is a third bay on the right side of the building. I think Dudes does too.

For me, the most intriguing phase of Old Garage Investigation is the search inside .
In September of 2018, as you can read in my post from that time, I knocked on the door and actually found the owner inside the establishment.

Bill May.

bill3.jpeg

I plan to go visit him in the next week or so.
I'll report on my findings.

I fear, I must say, that this story will have a similar resolution to my story on Kowalski. :(
We'll see.

Went for a ride today. Stopped at a town I used to work in. This is their visitor center. I think it's a pretty old station. Drank a lot of beers in the bar next door and one across the street from this place. In fact stood outside the bar to the right of the station and watched a gun fight one night (gang bangers, no one hurt, they shot the hell out of the clouds) did I mention this was a bit of a rough and tumble town.
upload_2020-8-15_17-45-30.png

upload_2020-8-15_17-46-16.png

upload_2020-8-15_17-47-2.png

upload_2020-8-15_17-47-49.png

I should mention this station/town is on IL38. Chicago to station, stay on 38 till Dixon, Dixon to Rock Falls on Rock Island blacktop, Rock falls to IL2 and 2 to Quad cities. Major route for bootleggers during Prohibition.
I'm sure it saw some real thugs in it's day.

Last edited:
Went for a ride today. Stopped at a town I used to work in. This is their visitor center. I think it's a pretty old station. Drank a lot of beers in the bar next door and one across the street from this place. In fact stood outside the bar to the right of the station and watched a gun fight one night (gang bangers, no one hurt, they shot the hell out of the clouds) did I mention this was a bit of a rough and tumble town.
View attachment 173488
View attachment 173489
View attachment 173490
View attachment 173491

Interesting story Greg, and nice photos! Gun fights huh, you live an exciting life! :guns:

Geeezzzz....you merry-cans sure know ta live!

I once spent a stressful 20 minutes in the back seat of an OPP cruiser trying to talk my way out of a 220 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone ticket....and amazingly, I succeeded.
...but no gun fights.

I guess that is the price we pay for having a witless ballerina for a Prime Minister....instead of a...

Ooops...no politics. Sorry, my bad.

Last edited:
Geeezzzz....you merry-cans sure know ta live!

I once spent a stressful 20 minutes in the back seat of an OPP cruiser trying to talk my way out of a 220 km/hr in a 100 km/hr zone....and I succeeded.
...but no gun fights.
What's the worst that could have happened. You might have been flogged by a leaf?:geek:

Back