New Game: Old Garage Photo w/your XS

I could go take a picture of two abandoned gas stations at once with the church where my parents were married, but it would look like I was trying to take over.

This is at Sandgate in Queensland . They kept an old bowser
on the site so you could take a photo of it with your bike but some grub
nicked the covers off it one night.
35846586565_a3b8fe50f7_b.jpg

This is at Sandgate in Queensland . They kept an old bowser
on the site so you could take a photo of it with your bike but some grub
nicked the covers off it one night.
35846586565_a3b8fe50f7_b.jpg

Thanks for posting, that's a beautiful old Honda you have there!

Ringling is one of the few shows that still tours by train. Now they're all bus and truck, but trains are still more conducive to large animals. Better than the circus itself, sometimes you can catch them marching the animals from the train depot to whatever arena they're playing.

The Ringling Circus is done they were based in Florida but the last show was in May of this year. The Circus World Museum is located in Baraboo and there are live circus acts all summer long. Baraboo was the original home for many circuses including Ringling bros, Barnum and Bailey before they moved to Florida. Town is full of Circus related history and even existing businesses. Guess where Baraboo Tent and Awning got it's start?
www.circusworldbaraboo.org/ I used to live just up the hill from the original circus location (now the Museum) in a turn of the Century Victorian. The carriage house (garage) had a small trapeze in the loft, circus performers lived up there in the summer years ago. Look carefully behind the chain link fence in the first pic....
My wife is Baraboo Animal Control. She got a call at 5:30 one morning this summer. "There is an elephant eating my garden!" One elephant undid another's clasp, it waded the river and settled in for some serious munching. By the time the trainer arrived, it was full and went back with no problems.

Last edited:
The Ringling Circus is done they were based in Florida but the last show was in May of this year. The Circus World Museum is located in Baraboo and there are live circus acts all summer long. Baraboo was the original home for many circuses including Ringling bros, Barnum and Bailey before they moved to Florida. Town is full of Circus related history and even existing businesses. Guess where Baraboo Tent and Awning got it's start?
www.circusworldbaraboo.org/ I used to live just up the hill from the original circus location (now the Museum) in a turn of the Century Victorian. The carriage house (garage) had a small trapeze in the loft, circus performers lived up there in the summer years ago. Look carefully behind the chain link fence in the first pic....
My wife is Baraboo Animal Control. She got a call at 5:30 one morning this summer. "There is an elephant eating my garden!" One elephant undid another's clasp, it waded the river and settled in for some serious munching. By the time the trainer arrived, it was full and went back with no problems.
Cool.

Circus memorabilia has interested me since my Dad took my brother and me to one "under the big tent" when we were young kids. Little did I know that he collected circus posters, some which I inherited when he died. This is my favorite:

ebay 00162.JPG

Circus and motorcycles.

I've mentioned my colleague who helped me choose and pick up Stella. He's a stagehand, bred from a many-generation circus family. He was telling me about his father's act: dogs riding motorcycles. One of those motors was his first engine rebuild at the age of eleven.

On the fringe of circus related, back in the mid '80's in Germany I saw a few "Walls of Death!" where old indian motorcycles would run on the timber walls of these 50' or so cylinders of woodplanked walls. Quite a sight to see these old bikes going horizontal ,round de round on the wall.

You would have loved it, an old house here owned by a Golmar Circus descendant, walls were filled with rolled up circus posters.... Was quite the auctionabout 10 years ago. CWM has over 10,000 posters.

http://www.circusworldbaraboo.org/our-treasures/posters/
Marvelous !
Circus posters seem to be a whole genre of art.

It just occurred to me that my Dad was so intrigued with circus culture that he did a couple self portraits of himself as a clown. Hmmmm, whats the psychology of this, I wonder ? :laugh2:

102031.jpg

Last edited:
On the fringe of circus related, back in the mid '80's in Germany I saw a few "Walls of Death!" where old indian motorcycles would run on the timber walls of these 50' or so cylinders of woodplanked walls. Quite a sight to see these old bikes going horizontal ,round de round on the wall.
The Wall of Death was popular here in Syracuse years ago at the Great New York State Fair. I remember it well !

Is that were all those evil clowns in the woods were coming from?

Globe of death was at Vintage weekend at Barber last fall. using more modern dirtbikes.
Video from 2014 but I am SURE it's the same performers. ;)
First saw a globe of death at a motorcycle show in Milwaukee, would have been in the 70's IIRC they were using Hummers.

Back