new guy from the great white north

timebomb33

timebomb33
Reaction score
new to the site not new to 650's i just got my old girl back after sitting behind a freind of mine's house for the last 11 years i just plain forgot about it after my divorce and big move out of the province. i haven't tried to start it yet and i'm not sure what i'm going to even do with it i was thinking about maybe using it as a vintage flat track bike but not sure just trying to see what is out there for hotrod parts right now as i haven't been around these bikes for a long time. definitly not choppin it been there done that 25 years ago. might even put it back to stock but no restoring just not in my makeup. i forgot how small and light feeling they are compared to my other bikes. i used to belong to the xs650 society years ago. but i lost track of that outfit a long time ago. by the way i have owned my 78 special for almost 27 years altogether. so i'm in no big rush to do anything drastic to it.yet.

Welcome to the group.

I just looked on Google maps to find out where Fairview is in Alberta. I see you are really up north.

The 78 Special...............a great year for these bikes. Should be a good project to get that bad boy back on the road.

yes i like my special and until i picked it back up i forgot how clean the lines of the bike are it is a good looking bike/ motor combo. i cant leave anything stock so i'll probably big bore it and do some suspension upgrades as it seems in the past 11 years the suspension has either sacked out or the 45 lbs i have put on have made it way to soft not sure either way something has to be done dam it.

Back