New guy in Canada / new project

David M

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
New guy here - in Vancouver, B.C.

I'm mostly a long distance rider ( Yamaha FJR, Iron Butt & all that stuff ). But, I'm finding that a city bike would be a good thing. I just bought a very nice 1975 XS650 which I'm going to turn into a street tracker. I want to really do this right. I'll put new seat & rear fender, 19" wheels and a bunch of other usual stuff. I have a small CNC mill in the basement so plan to make a lot of my own parts. I have some design ideas in my head already so I just need to retrieve the bike, order a few parts, and get to work. I'd like to have this on the road in its finished state by next Spring.

http://www.ldrider.ca/cnc/cnc-index.htm

Attachments

• IMG_0843 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0843 (Large).JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Welcome to the site. You should have a lot of fun with the 75 XS. With your CNC machine, your ability to fabricate parts for the bike are endless.

Yes, the XS650 makes a great bike for around town....................definitely not suited to an "iron butt":yikes:

Welcome to the board. Lots of good smart people on here. Ready to help, just ask.

David, I am also in the area, Surrey, good to see another local xs650 fan. These bikes do make a good platform for a street tracker, and it sounds like you have done some research too. I went the tracker route on one of mine several years ago, for something different, but am seeing more of them out there now. Being a machinist gives you a good head start on some of the more complex problems that will show up as you get into your project. Welcome and enjoy your new project. John.

Back