New handel bars seem loose... Is there something I overlooked?

xHolepunchx

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a set of "Lanesplitter" bars from TC Bros. I love them, they seem so much more comfortable over stock, but I noticed the increase in height seems to make the rubber bushings in the risers "squish" a lot more. Is there a metal or urethane bushing or some sort of mod that I can get/do that will stiffen them up? I'm not too worried about the vibration, just tighter handling.

On a side not, after changing out the bars my electric starter ceased to work. While searching for an answer for the bushing question I read about a ground wire that goes to the handlebars for the starter and kill. These bars are powder coated... Do I need to sand off some of the finish somewhere or is there a wire I need to run to the frame? Or anything else I should follow/look for. I don't mind using the kick start, but if its gonna be there I'd like the electric start to work till I decide that I want to part with it.

Thanks All!:thumbsup:

In the switch group houseing there is a small screw that holds wires out of the way. Using that screw for one end of a black ground wire of a small guage wire like 16, crimp on a connector and run the wire down the original loom (loosely wrapped around it, or beside it with the wire tucked in with the ties like the original and end it on a ground in the headlight. That way you won't have to bare any metal and keep the finnish.

Aluminum Bushings - A must have for tall bars...

http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-product-solid-xs650-riser-bushings.html

100_5893.jpg

Back