New Here Again?

Ridemall

Me & my 96” Shovel I built ground up in 79-80
Reaction score
I know I was a member here about 10 years ago but I must have used a another email? Anyway, I’m starting back on my 72 XS650. I’ve purchased a set of 04 R6 forks, found the correct bearings & about to see if I can still use the stock twin disc hub off another XS from a salvage yard. I’ve got a complete Tokico brake system I had left over from some TLs or GSXRs we used to build from insurance crash, stolen yard here local. It may be a long shot to find someone here that’s performed this with these particular parts? If there’s anyone that has, I’d appreciate any knowledge you’d like to pass on! Thanks!

I believe I found my solution! I’d forgotten about Cognito Moto! I’d been thinking what a hassle it was going to be if tried to find the correct hud by way of my calipers! I’m thinking the easiest way on my brakes is put my Tokicos back on the shelf & find an R6 set. Yes, I talk to myself, as right now, & my 4-legged kids all the time! I’m still open for any knowledge or comments!

Not a lot to look at right now. I’ve got all the chrome back but it’s still in boxes, bars are hanging by bungee cord & front wheel is sitting in front of the bike. Sad to say but, it’s been like that for a few years while I was working on another bike! I’m back on it now.

Back