New here!

Booie

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Just want to introduce myself. My name is Bob from B.C. Have been following the forum for a long time. Have been collecting ideas on building something from an xs650 (still not sure exactly what, something tracker-ish?) Anyway I just picked up this 1979 special II and I think it is too nice to butcher right away. Putting collector plates on it and ride it for a year or two first. Ordered some Euro bars from Mikes to replace the pullbacks. The only other thing I would do in the near future is change the seat if anyone has any Ideas. Cheers and Thanks

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• DSCN0431.jpg
    DSCN0431.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN0435.jpg
    DSCN0435.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Welcome to the site. That's a fine looking bike:thumbsup:

Yes, its best to ride the bike for a year or so. That gives you a chance to get to know if it has any weak areas, which is a certainty.

Original fuse panels are known to cause lots of electrical problems. Most lads replace them with automotive blade type fuse holders.

Thanks for the info, that's an easy upgrade. I see a lot of folks go electronic ignition. I'm ok with old school so I probably won't go that far unless I have problems. This bike fired right up after sitting for three years without starting with the same gas! ( I have since drained the carbs and changed the fuel).

Posted via Mobile

Back