New info in member box?

TwoManyXS1Bs

BBQ Hunter
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just noticed, in the corner of my bloodshot eyeballs, that the posting-member box to the left of the post now shows if the member is 'online', and if the post is 'unread', plus some new icons.

Is this new? Travis made changes? Anything else new?

Seems like a handy new feature...

This is an AT&T Samsung 8.9" tablet, running Android, Google's browser. It's wi-fi'd to my smartphone, which is hanging by a window facing a remote (18 miles away) cell tower. It uses a highly sophisticated Lipan Apache smoke signal encoding scheme to produce up to 50 network crashes per hour, and the datastream throughput far exceedes the previous tincan/string technology by at least 7%.

Since this advanced configuration is now 5 month old, it's probably now obsolete and needs upgrading. My neighbor has been boasting about his new "Bongo-drum" system, and I may try that route, after I figure out what to feed the drum bongers...

BTW, the appropriate response to this post is: "Well, no wonder!"

Well, no wonder.

Place a pizza pan, carefully beaten into a perfect paraboloid directly behind the smartphone, this will focus the emanations from the outside world directly into your antenna, all your current problems will fade into insignificance.

Okay, now I'm using a PC. The aforementioned online/offline and read/unread markers still don't exist. But, now I see thread descriptors as I move the mouse pointer over thread titles.

Wonder if this has anything to do with "instant messaging" or "HTML code" being off?

Still experimenting...

well if you will live in the middle of nowhere what do you expect ?........:laugh:

Are you using Chrome ? do you have any add ons like 'Adblock' ? might be worth re installing your browser with default settings :wink2:

Attachments

• 8659865-cabin-in-winter-forest.jpg
    8659865-cabin-in-winter-forest.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 256
Back