New issue. Can’t stay logged in

willis

xsive compulsive disorder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure what changed. I generally am on the site via my iPhone. Yesterday I started getting prompted to log in all the time. Same thing today. Was something changed on the site? I even click the icon to stay logged in but it keeps logging me out.

About 3 wks ago my PC (Firefox) started doing the same thing. Every time I came here I had to log in even though I checked the box to stay logged in. At the same time, my Pixel 2 (Chrome) kept me logged in all the time. About a week ago, Firefox did it's update thing and I've stayed logged in ever since. Weird stuff huh?

I haven’t had any problems staying logged in with my Apple devices. I was having problems for several days with posts not appearing at first , then my post would suddenly appear twice.

I was having problems for several days with posts not appearing at first , then my post would suddenly appear twice.
That's still happening. What I've been doing is, if it doesn't appear at first, don't click the "Post Reply" button again, just refresh your browser. You'll find that it did actually post the first time... it just didn't show it.

I'm on Firefox on a PC, and I've been having the not-staying-logged-on problem too. Started a couple of weeks ago. I'll see if maybe I can update Firefox.

At about the same time Firefox lost all my saved logins.
Now that you mention it, didn't lose all of 'em... but yeah, was several sites I had problems with. All good now.... for now. :cautious:

Haven't been having any problems till this morning.......Since the site came back on, from the server move, it drops out with the notice telling me to, refresh every half hour. Comes back online for few min then drops out again........

Haven't been having any problems till this morning.......Since the site came back on, from the server move, it drops out with the notice telling me to, refresh every half hour. Comes back online for few min then drops out again........
Try to flush DNS?

I've been working on a report all day, but this afternoon I needed a break and tried to get on - and couldn't. :banghead:
So, I have been emailing with Travis all through the dinner hour and he just changed some settings, and I was immediately able to get back onto the site.:rock:

The server change today was in preperation for a site software upgrade in the future. The problems people are having with staying logged in probably haven't changed, yet. Hopefully they will be fixed with the software upgrade, but no guarantees if it's a browser privacy issue.

I tried to log in since 2:30pm. I'd refresh a could of time and give up every hour. Took a dinner break and just got in at 8:30 pm. Life is good again!

I've been having trouble logging in with Chrome for a good while now.

I can log in from my phone and using a different browser such as Edge, but if I try to log in from the laptop on Chrome, its like it just refreshes the page and I'm still not logged in.

Changed the password to see if that would help, still no joy.

I've been having trouble logging in with Chrome for a good while now.

I can log in from my phone and using a different browser such as Edge, but if I try to log in from the laptop on Chrome, its like it just refreshes the page and I'm still not logged in.

Changed the password to see if that would help, still no joy.

Hi beano - I had exactly the same issue yesterday and Travis told me that it is related to the server change that he did to improve service and security (see, its working!! :D ). I messed around all over the place and tried lots of different things but I could not get on with my laptop on the house wifi but I could access the forum with my phone just using the normal data.

Travis suggested several different things but nothing works and so he made some changes at his end and it worked instantly.

Apparently the problem is related to your internet service provider (ISP) not purging the IP addresses (the computer address of the XS650.com server) from the cache on a regular basis as they are supposed to. For that reason, your computer is sending you to the OLD server address rather than the shiny new one. Thus, the problem is likely at your end and not at the XS650.com forum site.

If you can find a way to purge your IP address stack - then it should be OK and if not, then I suggest you email Travis at: admin@xs650.com - and perhaps he can help you out. He responded right away and stayed on it till I was up and running again.

Pete

Last edited:
Back