New Machine unfamiliar with

wind a funnel of electric tape onto the end of the sheath fill the funnel with oil repeat a time or two as it soaks down. I put a pan made from a quart oil bottle on the floor under it. in the morning remove the tape it's ready to install.

Well I've done all I can do at the moment I've oiled the cable All of them and I've got the side panels on and I have now taken out for a test ride and I will say these machines are very nice. So thank you all that have given me advice I have used your knowledge and this is the Bike now

1000011162.jpg
1000011161.jpg

Your lower sidecover is missing. Heritage Specials have upper and lower sidecovers on each side. (1982 & 1983). The left lower is the most difficult to come by.
Someone on here has an ‘83 parts lot for sale. The right side lower side cover is in there. It’s a hen’s tooth.

As I mentioned when I first joined this Forum I said I have gained this Machine, the Yamaha XS 650, from my very good friend as he has cancer and didn't have long well he passed late last night, So I wanted to thank everyone for helping me get the bike just right it's always the little things that matter like telling me the cables look like they were routed wrong and they needed to be Oiled and the one that baffled me was the airbox covers were on backwards that I would never have worked out. Anyway my Friend got to see the Bike the way he wanted to have it himself. So I'm just putting out a thanks people for the advice that helped finish it off.

Back