New paint!

CDNTX650

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Rattle can! and it turned out beautiful. Spare tank, that had a pin hole about halfway up the top. Brazed it. Used JB weld as filler. I did leave some small dents, and decided to make have a little patina along with them. It was my first paint jobbie, and a fun project.

50 bucks worth of supplies, Krylon primer, Krylon colormaster Acrylic, and clear. Then a brother in law who can 2 part clear the tank for free as he sells auto body supplies!

BEWARE, i had a mikes fuel tank...the damn taps dont fit this 75 tank in the pics (cap does)....Had to rebuild an old fuel tap from the new mikes parts and make a block off for the other side. Also, mikes tank was good. But the OEM sure fits nicer, and is a bit shorter. my seat used to be a bit hard to close. not anymore. And this tank sits a bit lower to the engine it seems.

IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

I was also informed as he was a painter too, 2 part clears will just about lay down over any rattle can as long as they get some good time to let the solvents dissipate before you try and clear.

Paint looks good. I'm hoping to do some painting in the next month or so. Hope mine turns out as good as yours.
Yamimoto

Back