New Pamco... Boots seem really loose. Did they fall off and kill my coil?

Leejin

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I installed a Pamco and got my bike running.. It rann amazing so I took it on a little drive. After a few minutes, my bike just died.. and I can't start it now.. The boots always felt kinda wonky on my plugs.. (NGK Iridium BPR7EIX)

Are these the wrong plugs for my pamco coil? (Black Dual Coil, black wires)

I have the NGK 5kOhm Resistor caps. But man.. I'm afraid the wind pulled them off.. Theres a very small spot where I can feel the cap grabbing the spark plug end.

Did you remove the screw-on metal caps on the ends of the spark plugs before trying to install the resistor caps? When you install the caps on the plugs with the metal caps removed, it will take some effort to push them on, and they will be difficult to remove. They won't just fall off. Just a guess. :shrug:

If your numbers are correct, you have resistor plugs AND resistor caps. Not sure how well that will work. A Pete question I guess, but I was informed one or the other, resistor cap or plug, but not both.
Good luck with your unit.

On a stock system I agree that you only want one or the other. On a high output coil you can run both.
I have tried the iridium plugs and didn't find them worth the extra money. I like the Autolite AP63 plug. Has platinum tips on the plugs and run about $5 a set at Wal Mart
And yes you unscrew the cap on the plug. The caps are designed to fit on the screw the cap goes on.
Leo

Well actually, that would depend on just which NGK cap you have. They make versions to fit the terminal nut or the terminal stud (nut removed). I prefer the stud type as I think they grip better .....

NGKLB05.jpg

Back