New Server

As we're talking here, it glitched on me. I saw I had a new alert, so I refreshed this page. Nothing... wouldn't load. By the time I used CMD prompt to ping it, it magically loaded... and of course ping speeds were good. But it's still glitching.

I've spent the last 4 hours on this and am not sure I'm making any progress. It's frustrating.

I did finally find a PHP error that happened two minutes before your last post Jim... so maybe I caught a break and have something to give me some clue as to what the problem is.

Haven't been on as much as usual today. Signed in and just done some more posting and replies and all good. Does seem faster.

OK, maybe this will be another clue for you Travis..... On the old server, when I hovered over "Alerts" after about 10sec. the new alerts box would drop down. Now (when I first go to the sites homepage or do a refresh), I hover over it, it turns orange (like it used to) and then nothing. I can walk away for 20 minutes and when I come back... still no dropdown... just the orange highlight. If I move the pointer away and back to "alerts," it functions normally after that until I refresh again. Not sure if that's a helpful clue or not... but I thought I'd put it out there.

I tried to figure out what you are seeing, but couldn't recreate it. I tried 3 browsers. I also have access to the old server and checked there and don't see anything dropping down with just hovering. I'll try to look into that tomorrow. Which browser and OS?

Firefox and windows 10. Just tried it again and it's iffy now. Sometimes it does that... sometimes it drops down as before. Might not mean anything.

It seems like things are humming along now. Has anyone notice any problems that they are sure isn't their connection?

The hiccups seem to be gone.

For awhile, I noticed that page/load failures occurred after clicking on an external link, like to someone's eBay link. That, with intermittent hiccups, and knowing that Chrome has a default feature of redirecting imbedded pics to their servers for imbedded malware scans, made me wonder if it may have been net servers having to rebuild router tables, external to us...

Back