New spokes

uncle meat

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Would like to hear from those that have replaced their spokes in the last few years using the Cadmium ones. How do they hold up? Is the finish quality good. Looking to either get them from 650 Central or Mikes XS.
Putting them on an aluminum rim that's been powder coated.

Thanks,
UM

Last edited:
No good. They turn cloudy, and fuzzy. Looked bad ass when i first put them in . Black powder coat rims, gold nips.mgo stainless.

The cad spokes will look nice for 5 or 6 years, then start to fade. I used them on the first couple wheels I did and they work well, but I can see the appearance going down hill now. I spend the extra and only get the stainless ones now. Stainless 650 spokes are actually quite reasonably priced compared to what they cost for most other bikes. They usually run around $100.

Angus and 5T, could you guys comment on the climate you live in. I'm sure that will affect them as well, too. I live in a very dry area of California. We get minimal rain in the winter and humidity is usually 15-20% in the summer. No roads around here get salt, because snow is a non-factor.

Thanks,
UM

Well, as you can see, im in the pacific nw. It is considered a rain forest, but i have very few miles on them, and always garaged, never ride in the rain. Im also at sea level.

Stainless steel every time. Unless you are going for concours judging points.

Back