New to forums, new XS owner

uncle meat

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just bought a 75 xs650B a couple of weeks ago. The bike needs some things here and there but with the wealth of knowledge on this site I'm sure I can get them done. Haven't owned a street bike in over 20 years and decided it was time again. In my late teens (1988-89) I bought a 72 CB500, then a 75 CB550. I've always liked older bikes and wasn't sure about purchasing another one due to lack of info and parts. When I found this site, Mikes XS and XS Central I felt a lot more comfortable about getting it knowing there were parts and support.
I'm sure I'll be asking some dumb questions in the future, so please be patient.

Welcome to the forum, uncle meat. There's a lotta stuff in here for your bike. Start off with the 'XS650 Tech' section, go near the bottom: maintenance and miscellaneous, and go through the 'buying guide', 'manuals', and at the bottom, the 'XS650 Model identification' thread.

Don't get lost. Come up for air when you can...

Thanks TwoMany, I've searched the forums quite a bit and have bookmarked a lot. The wiring diagrams have been most helpful so far, and luckily I received a Clymer manual with the bike.

Back