New to the 650 world

bogie

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 74 tx650 for $550,the only thing missing is the seat.It has a little over 12,000 miles on it,and over all not too bad of shape(I haven't started it yet).I am starting to rethink cutting the frame to bob it out in the rear.I have owned harleys for the last 30yrs,and picked this one up for my wife.I just got it home last week,and I already have a line on 2 more, one for me and one for the son.The more I learn about these bikes ,the more I like them. Is the 74 anything special?I Know its old but other than that? I really don't plan on a restoration.But I do hate the thought of hacking up some thing that cant be replaced.Like all those old Harleys of yesteryear. This site is GREAT!:thumbsup:

I'd be more worried about my wifes comfort than the value of a $500 bike. Maybe your wife is really into hard tails I'm sure mine would not be.

Noooo! Just thinking about cutting the tail over the fender..I know she needs shocks for comfort,and handeling.

- although theyre an XS, 72-73 TX and 73-74 TX-A were the only years the non-japanese market was supplied with a TX, so there will always be limited #s of them... the TX was more like the earlier XS2 while the TX-A is more an XS-B

Back