New to the forum and this XS2

Welcome and yep nice find for a restore! But if you do decide to chop, ride it before you do so you can enjoy the vintage ride! While all xs’s are great bikes, I’m particularly fond of my ‘81 silver special!

....and a very handsome bike it is!

The bike you show looks to be a very good candidate for restoration. As said before if you do restore it the satisfaction you get will be worth the effort. Everytime I take the bike out I have a lot of people asking questions or comment on the bike they had just like it. Just got back from our little show in Spokane where the 650 took 2nd place and my 75 Z1B took 3rd. Lost out to a HD flathead. They toss all vintage bikes into one group rather that VJMC and early American. The 650 has taken 1st place awards back in MPLS,MN when we lived there. There were also two chopped XS650 in the custom group. Not to much interest from the crowd towards those bikes. Just saying.
show trophies copy.jpg

Yep, XS650 choppers are a dime a dozen. Well restored XS2s are not. But go ahead and do another cookie cutter "custom," it'll make the real stuff more valuable.

Back