New to the forum, bike pics and info, Thanks.

Patches

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Gentlemen-

I've been a big fan of the forum for a while now and I figured since I had a spare couple minutes I would post some pics of my build properly named by my buddies "the shit show". I've learned a lot lurking around here. I'm not 650 guru, but I really like the xs650 platform. They are great little scoots. This one's main parts list is as follows:

Boyer Ignigtion
TC Hard Tail Conversion
Engine Top-End Rebuild
Leafsprung Seat
Tractor Seat Cut Into Bobber Seat
Mike's Performance Fork Rebuild
Yamaha Dirt Bike Tank
520 o-ring Chain Conversion
Stainless Exhaust
Bike Pedal Kick Start..... lol:thumbsup:
Biltwell Clubman Bars w/ Random Parts Bike Controls
etc.............

I wanted something that did not look perfect. I have another V-Twin build that has cost me a small fortune and everything is shiny and clean. I wanted this bike to be the opposite. And as you can see I think that was accomplished. The frame has a bunch of coats of paint that have been worn in spots to give it that nice crappy look. Some like it, and some don't. I just know that people spend a lot of time looking at it and most just smile.

395526365.jpg

395526363.jpg

Definitely still a work in progress. Seven metal west is sending me a shorty solid copper fender next week and I'm going to trim off the case chain guard, narrow the bars, blah, blah, blah. As we all know these projects never end.

BTW I have another xs650 build in mind so if anybody is in the Wichita area and has one for sale, I would be very interested. it just needs to have a good running motor, I don't care about anything else. I will post a WTB as well. Thanks for looking and any comments.

Take Care,

Ryan

Thanks!

Yep, tractor seat.......

It actually has a really nice shape to it once you cut them down to the same dimensions as a bobber seat. It's definitely unique.....

I really like the tank. Fits the lines of the bike perfectly. Definetly needs a rear fender. Don't like leaf sprung seats, I think they ruin the look, although, I'm sure they are very comfortable. They just hang in space too much. No tractor parts either. Bike looks cool, but if it were mine, it'd have nice paint. I like nice paint. But. it ain't mine. Cool for you.

Thanks guys. Big Jimmy - I'm in west Wichita.

Tech 7 - I hear ya, It's not for everybody. I just did the leafsprung seat. Personally, I like the way it floats out there. You don't see one every day, but to each his own. The tractor seat looks like a bobber seat with a bunch of holes in it. I'm not sure how long it's gonna stay like that but I'm kinda digging it for now.

Thanks for the input, fellas.

Hey welcome to the site.
Now that is the way a true American farmer would build a Jap bike! I love it. And all he cares about is that it spreads the manure in the field's. Seriously, you are a true artist.The bike is a true reflection of good old American injunuity. Right down to the cut-up tractor seat. I give it 2 thumbs up- way up!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks fellas. I have another XS650 build in mind that I've been thinking about for a while. I just purchased an aluminium set-up for my welder and I really have been kicking around the idea of a mono shock, dirt bike swingarm, drop seat set-up. I just need to find another bike. They seem to be getting harder to find in my area. Well, I'm about 5 whiskey sours in and getting ready to call it a night.
Best,
Ryan

Back