New Triumph Forum

Michaelo

650Mick
Reaction score
hi all, I was contemplating setting / hosting a Triumph T120 Bonneville forum using the same software package as this, not too much interest though. I’ll make a decision on this in a week or so, it would be nice to set up a small community.....they have a Triumph RAT site but it covers too many bikes. Man I miss you guys , but still keeping a eye out....here is a couple of pictures I posted up on their FB page iI thought I would share with y’all, I changed my bike to 4 bar badges (they don’t miss you either @ $160 AU) to keep the retro look....

How can you not love this, been in the paddock shed / barn find for years, found it a few months ago.
Now what was I saying about 4 bar badges ? Ohh yeah baby... design perfection.....

D1A944F6-2214-4FA5-B3E1-BF39E6B297B6.jpeg

4A276F06-7C09-4591-86E6-E5A6445DFAFB.jpeg

Good on Ya.....did oil change, filter change today on the Triumph, the first one. Thought I’d do it myself, still booked in for a service next week anyway, but I’ll be way over the first service 800 kilometre mark, so me being me, did a oil dump anyway.....

Mick.... who the hell cares here if you post about your Triumph on XS650 .com ????? I sure the heck don't and I don't think there will ever be anyone that does... if they do they can stuff it Right ? you've been a good member for a long time... stick around ! you know how it works here !
you don't have to have an XS650 to qualify to be here ! ..... says so in the rules ! I remember reading that before I signed up ! and I expected to find allot of guys on here that don't have xs650's but unfortunately there are only a few.....
besides I wann'a stay posted on your adventure with this new triumph ! and see if there is any issues with it because if I hit the lotto I WILL have one !...... LOL
just think if it as a OFF TOPIC thread and you won't feel bad ! HAHAHAHA !
so have you ran into any problems with the triumph yet ? shifting..... clutch ? brakes .... how does it corner ????
Bob..........

Ah heck ! Triumphs are everyone's first love ! their like old friends ! I've never owned a 650 but my sis had a 200 tigercub... put many miles on it and it was indeed great ..... wish I had it now but half of it melted in the Ranch fire a few years back and it went to the metal place.
along with 5 or 6 other bikes ! no motorcycle survived it except one a Kawasaki 400 but it cooked so bad I won't mess with it the fireman put it out at least 12 times ..... there isn't much left really but it still sits there ...only because the engine didn't melt like the rest did.
I'ed love to get ahold of a '69 or 70 triumph bonneville , I tried to talk my folks into getting me one while I was in Highschool..... it didn't work
had a poster of one on my wall for decades too!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA
......nice looking bike ya got there !...never saw pipes like that on a triumph before !
man that XS is Nice looking too ! must be nice !!!!!!
Bob......

Hey seriously Mick, we enjoyed talking to you, because of YOU not your Yamaha. You don't have to go away. The guys here enjoy all things mechanical and like Bob said, Triumphs were everybody's first love.
I know what you mean about Triumph Rat. I used to belong to that forum but they try to be the forum for EVERY Triumph.
Stick around and make us jealous of your new Triumph!

Mick.... who the hell cares here if you post about your Triumph on XS650 .com ????? I sure the heck don't and I don't think there will ever be anyone that does... if they do they can stuff it Right ? you've been a good member for a long time... stick around ! you know how it works here !
you don't have to have an XS650 to qualify to be here ! ..... says so in the rules ! I remember reading that before I signed up ! and I expected to find allot of guys on here that don't have xs650's but unfortunately there are only a few.....
besides I wann'a stay posted on your adventure with this new triumph ! and see if there is any issues with it because if I hit the lotto I WILL have one !...... LOL
just think if it as a OFF TOPIC thread and you won't feel bad ! HAHAHAHA !
so have you ran into any problems with the triumph yet ? shifting..... clutch ? brakes .... how does it corner ????
Bob..........

Corners great Bob, just a dream to ride, plenty of grunt with 6th gear I've been using it as an overdrive gearing when up to speed...great on the gas too, plenty of gauges information, "distance to empty" "L / per 100" which can all be converted to miles / imperial if you want.....still riding without using the clutch, just like the XS, you know the score......

Back