New XS650

smoothseven

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Just signed up to your forum. Look forward to learning all about this bad ass bike. Was a gift from a friend.

Attachments

• 252871CE-3998-49BF-9F6C-8E150D64C976.jpeg
    252871CE-3998-49BF-9F6C-8E150D64C976.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 180
Thanks guys. I know nothing about these bikes so I have a lot of studying. My friend passed in a crash. All of us friends got a bike each.

Welcome smoothseven,

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Before doing anything to the bike or taking advice from other platforms always double check on here. You will get honest advice on the workings and their quirks and there is just about nothing on the XS/TX 650 now that hasn't be thoroughly examined.

Id the Vin no for help with making sure the correct parts are identified.............Carbs changed their jetting and there were some differences every 2 years and the jetting cant be mixed and matched between carbs.

Identify the charging system, (under the round plate on the left side of the motor that has Yamaha stamped on it), and one of the first things that needs to be done is to test the charging output, have a Battery that is in good condition, (holds a charge).

Nix on the bars.... at least superbike bars...… get yer chin off the gas cap.... I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree.. but..holes in my mag wheel spokes... ? Nice stance... :)

Welcome Smooth to this site. Sorry to hear about your friend. Must of been a cool guy to have bikes and one nice XS.

First thing is to get farmiliar with your bike and what parts make up your bike. If you dont know what it is, create a thread and post plenty pics. The guys here are great investigators on knowing what is what and what it has. JC

Thanks guys! I honestly didn’t expect this type of hospitality! I’m very excited to be a member here and I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions.

Number 1 As you stated above, the battery looks new but after 2 days of small riding less than 3 miles it’s hard to crank and the lights turned off while starting her.

Back