Newb

Front fender is on the list
WA State? 79 Special II project.. :yikes:
Welcome to the show. Keep us entertained!
(pics of extras here in Vancouver you may like?)

Attachments

• 20201030_123444.jpg
    20201030_123444.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 20201030_123600.jpg
    20201030_123600.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 20201030_121912.jpg
    20201030_121912.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 104
The bike was a basket case qhen I got it. I've put a lot of work in on it. New Mikuni carbs, swingarm bushings, exhaust, paint, bars, lights,cables, etc. Front fender is on the list next along with tires. (They look new but the code says they are 20 years old.
Hi Casty and welcome from the frozen Canadian Prairie.
Yeah, the XS650 front fork needs it's fender &/or a fork brace to stiffen it.
And 20-year old tires are as stiff as hardwood but don't grip as good.
Look at swapping in a smaller piston front brake lever & a stainless steel wire braid front brake hose.

Only a motorcycle nut would start a conversation in a vintage bike forum with you, find out you are looking for some parts, then deliver them to the Hotel you're staying in just cause he happens to live near by. And then tell you that you can have them for free. Thanks Randy, people like you are a big part of why I love this sport and the people I ride with.

Only a motorcycle nut would start a conversation in a vintage bike forum with you, find out you are looking for some parts, then deliver them to the Hotel you're staying in just cause he happens to live near by. And then tell you that you can have them for free. Thanks Randy, people like you are a big part of why I love this sport and the people I ride with.

Randy is definitely one of the good guys.

Fortunately, there are quite a number of them around these parts.

Pete

That movie cracks me up when I see it. The future ER doc still has hair, lol.

Back