Newbie from Tucson, AZ

Before:

6.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool. How many feet get removed and what does the final wheel base end up being?

The limo bus has been done several times. Not for me though. Four feet was taken out of this bus. If I remember, the wheel base is 57"

Lets get my topic back on my bike build.:bike: Not that I don't enjoy the VW direction, let's just take it to the lounge area.:thumbsup:

Today, I was rumaging through the junk yard for some handle bar mounts, and came across these two fenders. The first one is a front, off a Susuki Intruder. I played with it frontwards and backwards on the rear. Both ways, I wasn't really feelin' it. What you all think?

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

Then I put it up on the front rim, and got to thinking since this fender had a rear mate back at the junk yard, maybe I'd go with valance fenders front and rear. May have to find a different tank though. Just imagine a girder fork up front, and a nice flowing rear fender tucked in around the hardtail. Any photo shop guys in the audiance?

IMG_0301.jpg

I also have this for a traditional bobber look.

IMG_0300.jpg

Let me know some opinions!

Last edited:
hmm.. Maybe wait to decide on the fenders until after you get some tires on those rims. Then get the girder built and I think it'll be easier to decide what fenders to use. Or are you trying to figure out the front fender so you can't decide the girder width?

The girder will be built with an eight inch inside width, so that fender will workup front. I'm with you on the rubber being on the rims. But two things stop me, 1) no money for tires, 2) I want to get the polishing and paint done before I mount tires.

Originally, I was planning on no front fender. But now, I think I'm on to a look in my head. I'm going back to get the rear fender from the junk yard. Will have to find a different gas tank as well.

to me the rear fender looks to much like a standard harley soft tailbut its all about you

That's what how I feel about it on the rear too! I'm still debating with myself to use it on the front, with a full fat rear fender. So I'm going to go waste some more money on the rear to see what it will look like.:shrug:

Back on this build. It's been a busy few months, but I'm finnally getting on with my girder fork build. Spent the weekend cutting tubing down to size for the link cross pieces and the links them selves.

The top triple tree rescued from the original welder, and sent to one who will actually do it. 1st guy I was going to pay, and he put it off for to long. 2nd guy is doing for beer, and I'll have it tomarrow.
girder10.jpg

Several bottom tree pics.

girder8.jpg

girder9.jpg

All the pieces for the links, and a quicky gig.

girder5.jpg

girder3.jpg

Finnally, pics of wheels with paint and rubber.

girder2.jpg

girder1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, amazing what you miss when you don't check the site for a bit. Watching this build for sure. And since it involves a fellow Arizonan, I've got an operational starter that you can have if you want it. Was going to junk it since I'm running kick only, but If you need it, it's yours. Or might be willing to trade for some mill work if so inclined. :D Want to mill out the Yamaha logo on the clutch cover, and was going to start looking for a local millworker that might take a side job. Cool build so far!

Thanks for the starter offer. I will be at the Bug-O- Rama this Sunday. Putting my Shorty VW single cab in the show. I will be staying at the Clarion on Elliot and I-10 Saturday nite. My number is 520-360-2226. Bring the starter to either location if you'd like. Looking forward to meeting you.

Thanks for the starter offer. I will be at the Bug-O- Rama this Sunday. Putting my Shorty VW single cab in the show. I will be staying at the Clarion on Elliot and I-10 Saturday nite. My number is 520-360-2226. Bring the starter to either location if you'd like. Looking forward to meeting you.

Ben not to say there are any scary ppl on this site, but anyone with a computer can find this thread without being a member. I probably wouldn't post up contact info like that. It's your info man, but I'd send it in a PM. :shrug:

Otherwise, I'm really interested in your girder front end so be sure to document it really well!!!

Got alittle closer on the girder.

My friend finished up the top triple tree.

girder12.jpg

Made the front legs of the forks, and welded on the axle mounts.

girder13.jpg

girder11.jpg

I'm getting excited now! Almost have a roller!

Last edited:
Back