Newbie. Please help with cafe build

zekd

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am new to this site. I just recently decide I was going to turn my stock 81 xs650 special into a cafe style racer. I really like the bike in this video and after doing some research I found out that this bike is very stock. I want to mimic my bike after this one..
... I really would like to know a few things about this bike, 1 - What type of seat are they using. 2 - Is this bike mostly stock parts?. 3 - How much would a bike like this cost to build? Thanks guys!

Well that isn't a xs650. You can make your own seat. Dothedon.com has a great how to on it with videos. Bars are cheap on ebay with mirrors included. I think I paid $65 for mine. Pipes is totally up to you. A decent set will run $300-$500.

Welcome.

XS's little brother, SR500 single.

Go into the garage and the top thread, (sticky), is the 2012 Calendar. A couple of cafe's to get you started and not much different from what you are looking for.

The build threads for most of these bikes and a lot that didn't make the bike of the month are in the XSOTM sub forum on the forum page at the bottom of the Garage section

Back