No! Absolutely not! Don't even THINK about it, Mister!

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
So a while back, I told fellow tinkerer and junk yard mechanic buddy Dan I was looking for a Winter Project.

Couple days ago, he calls me and sez "There's some sort of old tractor, a McCormick I think, for sale over in Washington Junction." Not really interested in another tractor unless it's something I think I could fix cheap and flip.

Had to go to town yesterday so I detoured slightly to check it out, expecting to see yet another 40's/50's Farmall ABCHM.

Cruising along planning to say "Yup, another H." and keep right on going when I spotted it. Hey! That's a W-something! Screeeeeech!

1947 W-6, solid, straight, but paint is only a vague memory. Rear tires hold air, but that's all that can be said about them. Hitch seriously buggered up and farmer-fixed. Don't recall seeing a PTO.

I don't need another tractor. I certainly don't need anything that big. I don't have any place to put it nor a way to haul it. No market for such a thing, flipping it would be damn near impossible. At $1500 and needing $1000 worth of tires, it's seriously over-priced. Run, do not walk away.

"But Mom, I grew up on a Super W6, it's almost just like the one Dad had!"

"I said NO, you old fart, just forget it!"

Sigh...

C’mon big boy, you know you want to......

upload_2020-9-11_8-38-53.jpeg

Once upon a tine, I could chase cars for miles. Now, all I can do is run out to the end of the chain and bark my damn fool head off.
As to the W-6 D.E., bark. Just bark. I'm sure you've got plenty of other things to occupy your time that'll keep you out of trouble....

Back