No power over 3000RPM - Engine trouble - XS2 1972 XS650

The points and condensers are on the grounding side of the coils.
Good point 2M. I was thinking of a different engine where power went thru the points to the coil and grounded on the other side. My bad.

Quote;
"A "knowledgeable" guy did a re-wiring for me but because I was tight in budget he banged it together to make it work. "

You have a tight budget, but are now buying expensive Chinese crap charging and ignition parts??? HHB or TCbros or Mikesxs, they are all the same. They are making a big profits, selling poor quality parts, for high prices, to naive customers.

I see where you're going. You're going to spend a ton of money on crap parts, and still end up with nothing in the end.
3 years and still working on fundamental problems???
Good luck........................I can't offer anymore help.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I'm really not looking for life experiences or unwanted advice. I get it, but perhaps that's just not where I am at right now with this. My view is more that I have a hobby I spend money on to have fun and learn. I have another bike I ride regularly that never breaks and that I for the most part service myself. But it's not a project bike. This one, I'm probably not ever going to be done with it unless I get bored or figure I am ready to move on to more complex things, etc.

Quote;
"A "knowledgeable" guy did a re-wiring for me but because I was tight in budget he banged it together to make it work. "

You have a tight budget, but are now buying expensive Chinese crap charging and ignition parts??? HHB or TCbros or Mikesxs, they are all the same. They are making a big profits, selling poor quality parts, for high prices, to naive customers.

I see where you're going. You're going to spend a ton of money on crap parts, and still end up with nothing in the end.
3 years and still working on fundamental problems???
Good luck........................I can't offer anymore help.

Back