Not recieving email notifications

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I haven't changed my setting's. But I quit getting notification's a few day's ago.

Was I bad. :doh:

Anyone else have this happening. Thanks.

You know, I noticed the same thing. The Emails are ok, gettin thru, but the notices stopped.
I'm on AT&T. Out here, I get 10-20 net crashes/day. Figured it was them...

TwoManyXS1Bs, every looks good on your account. I see you're using gmail, and if the messages are not in your spam folder then I'm not sure why you aren't getting them. Your default thread subscription mode is Instant email notification and you should receive notifications for new PMs. Did you receive an email for this thread because of my reply?

What do you mean the emails are getting through but the notices stopped?

Hey, Travis,
Just checked, Email for your post came in fine. I'm on a 8.9 tablet. Used to get little notifications in lower right corner of this thing, didn't this time. Doesn't bother me. When I first turn-on tablet, after boot it'll give me notifications of accumulated Email. I don't think the problem is at your end, my Email instant notifications stopped on my smartphone as well, and it uses a different Email account.

I received a notice from AT&T a few days ago about network changes/upgrades, and assumed it was their cause...

Thanx

Ohhh.. yeah that is a problem with the email client(s) on your devices not notifying you of new email. Nothing to do with the site at all.

Are both devices android? It could be a problem with the app you are using for email. Perhaps a recent update to the app caused the problem? Have you checked the setting of the app?

Travis, there are many other oddities occurring on the 'net' recently, nothing to do with your site.
Ex: Network just drops connection, must reacquire ext IP
Browser or net app crash, app completely force closes on it's own.
Browser hang, must do force close, restart.

The events occur at particular times, I figured during net maintainance periods.
Maybe it's korean hackers...

I am not a gmail user. I have hotmail.

I've always got reply notifications, and even pm notification's. It just stopped a few day's ago.

And nothing in my spam folder either.

Well that sucks.

I just read the big notice at the top of the page. How long has that been there. I missed it. :doh:

At least I know what's going on.

CalsXS2, It hasn't been there long. I just posted it. It took me a while to figure out how I was going to deal with the situation. It sucks for sure, but if I didn't stop all the email that was causing the bouncing, Microsoft will forever block email from the site.

It's doing it again!!

All was fine for a while. Now I'm not getting any notification's again??

CalsXS2, Did you ever receive a PM about your email account? Hotmail probably blocked the server IP addresses again. It's a never ending battle with microsoft, gmail, yahoo, and at&t.

Changing your settings won't do anything if Microsoft is still blocking mail from the site. The easiest thing to do is to use a different email account until I can get off the Microsoft block list.

Back