Nylon Screws in Southern Ontario

lakeview

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you doing the mod that requires M4x0.7 - 12 nylon screws, I have found a source in Oshawa that will deal with the public. There is a $10.00 minimum charge, though, fortunately if you are there in person they also stock carb cleaner, Gunk, etc., so after you spend .45 on three screws, you have $9.85 to splurge on in the store. The hitch is that only the hex head is the right 12 mm length, pan head screws come in 10 or 16 mm length. I do not think there is enough clearance to fit a hex head in there comfortably so I will order the 16 mm and nip it down to 12 mm before use. Looking at the brush mount, sure looks like 10mm would suffice, but why chance it.
CCS Industrials - www.ccsind.com on Wentworth, just east of Ritson.
The counter man gave me three sets of P/N's
Hexhead - SPAE 353-041 - 12mm
Panhead - SPAE 450-099 - 10mm
" SPAE 450-100 - 16mm
I will buy extras to have in stock. I have no association with CCS, for the record. Most times when I go in there with odd ball metric requests, they have it. Cash in small bills speeds the check out.

Oshawa is Canada's first motown, hosts a GM factory and larger regional offices, one would think that metric and other fasteners would be more available, but I do not think that there is the proliferation of smaller feeder factories that one finds in the Guelph K-W arc and Windsor area.

Angus.....................Wrong country

When using an 80-84 Combined Solid State reg/Rect on a points model bike you need to use nylon screws to isolate the earth on the brushes

Back