O-ring (I know but I looked)

Wingedwheel

If it wasn’t broke before, let me try it…
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I was trying to find the o-ring size for the petcock to tank but all I saw was the size for a vacuum petcock. Are they the same size? Also what are the fiber washers that go on the two screws. I couldn’t find anything on those. I’m guessing when the dent repair guy pulled my petcocks off it caused a leak issue. Before I order new sets for double the cost I thought I’d check here. Maybe we can add those to the o-ring thread.

The screw composite seals are available from yamaha IIRC
Yes composite seal at over $5 ea, o ring seal says it’s over $26 WTH? That’s Partzilla, I can get them from 650Direct with the screws for $2.17 and the o-ring for the same but I was looking for a bulk supplier because you don’t get a better price on shipping at 650Direct if it’s an envelope order. I also started thinking it may be something different because the petcock only leaks in the on position.

Well, if that's the case then it's probably the rubber disc with the 4 holes in it behind the lever. Often, you can flip it over, putting the fresh, unused side facing out, and that will seal things up again.

Spend the money for the genuine screw seals and 4 hole "valve"
O ring you should be able to "make fit" an oring but iirc theyres pretty tight bends ...
The vacuum ones are easy.

Is there a certain way to install that disk. It’s always been a little “stiff” It was rebuilt with a kit.

Yes, I use a silicone rubber lube on the disc between it and the arm. Also, you can polish the backside of the arm where it contacts the disc. And inspect the holes in that arm backside. If any have sharp edges, round them off. Those sharp edges catch on the rubber disc and tear it up as you rotate the arm.

Back