1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

OEM tool kit question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cecil_t, Feb 7, 2016.

1. old boy

old boy XS650 Enthusiast

Thanks much. Looks like the 73 is slightly different.(points spanner). I think I can find the pliers but the 10-12 wrench may be difficult.

2. xjwmx

xjwmx XS650 Guru Top Contributor

U.S.A.
    ^I saw a wrench exactly like the 13 x 17 except that instead of saying Yamaha, it said Mercedes :) For real -- same supplier I guess. Point being you might be able to find the 10 x 12 in old Mercedes stuff.

You will use the 10 and 12 so much though that it pays to have good wrenches, which will still fit in the pouch. I found I was using the 10 so much that I bought a little Snap-on, just to be cool.

old boy likes this.
  3. old boy

old boy XS650 Enthusiast

Found a Honda 10x14 and a 8x10 in my tool supply. Would like to locate my 10x12 though.

4. Zip960

Zip960 XS650 Enthusiast

old boy likes this.
  5. old boy

old boy XS650 Enthusiast

Tks Zip I have the Honda tools I need. My brother brought back a Honda 350 from Japan,bike was never registered. I believe it was a 1971 or 1972. I had it for a few months until the local police told me they would" throw the book at me if they ever caught me riding it again untitled".

6. mrtwowheel

mrtwowheel Honda Etched On Brain Top Contributor

I threw my tool kit into the scrap metal pile, it's probably been shipped to China by now. I had no idea that it had more value than the cost to ship it somewhere.

Scott