Okay, where did I go wrong? (11mm master cylinder)

I forgot to mention I'll add the Vesrah pads. Disregard EBC rotor question. Looks like Mike's XS rotor is more affordable and looks better.

On a smaller M/C it creates more line pressure with the same finger pull. The travel when the bike is stopped may be more but under motion it's not much different than stock. The increase in line pressure makes the brakes work so much better you don't have to pull the lever as far to get comparable braking.
I went with dual disc, steel lines and the stock 14 mm M/C. The line pressure didn't change much but the pressure squeezed twice as much brake pad onto rotors. I think this will be close to one disc and the 11 mm master.
I haven't tried that set up yet, I guess I should get one of those XT225/TW200 M/C's and try it.
I have thought about it before but didn't find an M/C that used an adjustable lever. If that TW200/XT225 M/C can use the stock XS650 lever I'll like that.
Leo

Thanks for the thread Leo. My replies are not always showing up on this thread on my end for some reason. Sorry all if I repeated myself. Thanks again.

Yea I like that too. I believe Gary said that the XS650 lever will bolt right on to the TW or XT master cylinder.

Yea I like that too. I believe Gary said that the XS650 lever will bolt right on to the TW or XT master cylinder.
Hey Gary, you said the XS650 stock brake lever would fit the TW200 master cylinder. Does the TW200 mc allow for lever adjustment with the XS650 lever adjustment screw? Also, you said the TW200 mc bore was 10mm. I don't want a lot of lever travel, so I'm on the fence to get Mike's 11mm slimline or the TW200 mc. Any tips either way? Thanks.

Thread revival. I've installed 3 or 4 of the TT225 TW200 MC's on XS650's have thousands of riding miles on them and still heartily recommend them, SS line required. All you really need for an XS650 in typical street use, much better stopping, feel than stock. Later Yamaha rotors from 600 750 1000 sport bikes will bolt on your hub with a 7mm spacer and cut 3 POUNDS of unsprung rotating mass from your front end.
front brake detail resto.jpg
DSCN0482.JPG
DSCN0479.JPG
Or you can double down with a small increase from stock weight, This set up weighs LESS than a single disk stock mag.
brake detail.jpg

Last edited:
Back