Old Brown

Something I've never heard discussed is the sound a pair of 650s make. I rode a lot with my airplane partner back in the day and the heterodyne they make is very cool. Pulling out to pass on a two lane in echelon at full throttle in 5th sounded so cool. I think that is one the reasons the Harley guys tolerated the 650 riders. They sing real nicely with a sportster. A close second is being in the middle of a gaggle of air- cooled 350 2 stokes around a track. Crazy sounds with the expansion chambers at full song.

Working nights is really slowing down progress on the bike. Was expecting the cafe seat today but it went to the Seguin post office instead. From past experience it will bounce back to the San Antonio distribution center, the tracking info will disappear and then on to a couple of random post offices till someone figures out where it's supposed to go. The last time it happened I called my friend at Kerrville P.O. to be on the lookout for it. She called me a couple of days later and told me it was on her desk. It was well traveled, bouncing between the San Antonio distribution center and the Kerrville and Fredericksburg post offices for 6 days.

Did manage to get the gauges mocked up. The gauge mounts on the XJ700 triple tree were a different spacing and the xj mounts had a different spacing on the tach mount.
Plan c

gauge mount close up.JPG

Cut the XS400 mount.
DSCN0065.JPG

placement.JPG

Congrats to everyone at Boeing. A lot more to getting the Starliner home than they are letting on. Tear up the flight plan and start over. My friend on the team has had 7 hours sleep in the last 72. A lot of balls to juggle. It is rocket science.

Just what it implies -Vehicle Assembly Building. 10x16 workspace. Insulated small room that that has a/c and is heated . Room for a workbench and toolboxes and 1 bike. Tired of freezing during the winter not to mention the 100 degree summer days.
Bought Gulf gas from the time I was a little kid until Corporate raiders came in and bought them to drain the pension fund. The sign has been on the barn for 20 something years. Reminds me of my youth.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone at Boeing. A lot more to getting the Starliner home than they are letting on. Tear up the flight plan and start over. My friend on the team has had 7 hours sleep in the last 72. A lot of balls to juggle. It is rocket science.
Yeah... drones, robots, AI.... whatever, only gets you so far. As NASA and Boeing pointed out, a human on board would have quickly diagnosed and corrected the problem.
To infinity and beyond... :D

15028140-7162359-image-m-7_1561028273109.jpg

PO mentioned he had replaced the tires. He also replaced the the carb. He gave me the original carb in a zip loc.

Super Moto. Not so much. It works hard to get up my hill. Just the thing for riding the 5 miles to the Mini Mart.
I gotten up to about 40 on it and the handling seems ok. Still feeling it out.

I don't think it is happy with the replacement carb. Plan on rebuilding the original and reinstalling it.

Front tire is 110/90-19

Back