Omar's!!

pregrid

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Just got back from Omar's and I'm happy to announce that Robert has finally retired from his day job. He is excited to be able to give his full attention to what basically WAS his hobby. Expect better responses and customer service as a result of this.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor do I work for Omar's. (Wish to hell I was, coulda built this damn tracker for a whole lot less:D)

Now ya know........................

Just got back from Omar's and I'm happy to announce that Robert has finally retired from his day job. He is excited to be able to give his full attention to what basically WAS his hobby. Expect better responses and customer service as a result of this.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor do I work for Omar's. (Wish to hell I was, coulda built this damn tracker for a whole lot less:D)

Now ya know........................

Pregrid,
Spoke to Robert on the phone a few times and bought a few parts of him. His tracker seat unit with light is top quality also the Hammerheads are proper suited to the flat tracker look

He is a proper Mucker and I think his buisness will improve with his full attention and devotion.

Leslie PS Dave you doing anything for the Queens Jubilee:laugh: just joking Mucker

Hope he has the street tracker tank problems worked out that he inherited from Phil. Caused me nightmares and very little towards making it right. Those tanks self distruct in the presence of ethanol. The fiberglass ended up in my carbs and engine producing a sticky gooey mess. The fuel looked like grape juice. I even had to pay shipping back to him 3 times when he finally replaced the tank which I promptly sold on ebay. Was trying to get my new VM's dialed in and get my new tracker on the road while trying to keep the fiberglass out of the jets wasn't fun while at the same time dealing with someone who wanted to deny any problems. There are other vendors of fiberglass gas tanks who have been on here and have been supplying to the racing crowd for years and have a proven product. I can only report what I have experienced. I also bought the seat number plate combo with seat pad and tail light. No complaint there. I am willing to give credit where credit is due. That tank held up my tracker build for danm near a year shipping it back and forth. Good luck. Engine rebuilds are expensive.
jefft

Last edited:
Hope he has the street tracker tank problems worked out that he inherited from Phil. Caused me nightmares and very little towards making it right. Those tanks self distruct in the presence of ethanol. The fiberglass ended up in my carbs and engine. The fuel looked like grape juice. I even had to pay shipping back to him 3 times when he finally replaced the tank which I promptly sold on ebay. Was trying to get my new VM's dialed in and get my new tracker on the road while trying to keep the fiberglass out of the jets wasn't fun while at the same time dealing with someone who wanted to deny any problems. There are other vendors of fiberglass gas tanks who have been on here and have been supplying to the racing crowd for years and have a proven product. I can only report what I have experienced. I also bought the seat number plate combo with seat pad and tail light. No complaint there. I am willing to give credit where credit is due. That tank held up my tracker build for danm near a year shipping it back and forth. Good luck.

Jefft,
I personnaly would never use anything other than a metal tank either ferretic or alloy.

I am not a fan of composite materials used as a fuel cell with the possible exception of carbon fibre and that would have to be the vacum formed and not the hand layed type.

Leslie

I agree. Now...... I gave up the street tracker theme as a result of my experience with the fiberglass tank and the bike became a cafe bike. I would guess I was out about 600 dollars all said and done with shipping back and forth, the cost of a beautiful paint job and graphics which he didn't feel liable for and engine rebuild as a result of the muck that entered my engine. I bought an XS 750 metal gas tank and went with the cafe look and couldn't be happier. You couldn't give me another one of those tanks. Every time I sent it back he would say they had come up with a new and improved liner. He said they would cut the tank apart and reline it but it ended up the same each time. When he finally agreed to replace it I dedcided to cut my losses and just sell it on ebay which I did. There may be some vendors of fiberglass gas tanks out there that will hold up to ethanol but I will let someone else gamble on it. Not me. Besides, if I'm to ride down the street with several gallons of explosive material between the family jewels, I want to make damn sure its in a secure container.
jefft

Last edited:
The fiberglass tank/ethanol issue is what basically has my tracker on hold. I really want the Champion style glass tank, but.....................................................................

I'm not sure if the percentage of ethanol in the fuel makes a difference (out here in CA we're at 'bout 6%) but I've not had a problem in a little over a year now. Where abouts are you Jeff?

I initally bought the tank when Phil was running things. The day it arrived I experienced the first problem when I set it on the frame to get a look at it. The two bungs were offset and the tank would not slip into position. This was even before I put fuel in the tank and realized what problem were lurking there. I had to send it back the first time because the bungs were not lined up evenly on both sides. I dealt with Phil first who was completly in denial of the problems. He finally said send it back. When it returned to me it did fit on the frame but then the fuel problems began. Sticky gunk on carb slides and obviously inside the engine as I tried to get my new VM's dialed in. What a nightmare. While Phil was stalling with the tank and tried to reline it once he sold the company evidently to Robert. Robert, obviously didn't completly feel that it was his issue because this all happened while Phil was in charge.
You get the picture, it all really was a pain. Robert did finally replace the tank which by this time I wasn't going to risk it again so I sold it. I also lost the cost of paint and graphics in the ordeal not to mention what it done to the engine.
jefft

Back