LOL Dude........ah royalties = more parts and tools.......huh?

Although copyright may belong to you? I think I remember you making your own roloc disks?

Would it be copyright infringement if we made these for our workshops?

That would be a great attachment to a detail sander, fine-cut saw, or jigsaw.
RobincDetailRolox.jpg

Imagine using it to get in between fins.

Edit: Could also do this with bronze bore brushes...

Where were you last week 2M? That was my first step to clean between the fins, never thought of power assist. :doh:

Haha, hey Rob. I've been known to do the Monday armchair quarterback thing, commenting on the game after it's long over.

I have a detail sander, but it rattles side-to-side.

The handheld fine cut saw thing goes in/out, like a jigsaw. Got one like it?

Edit: Thinking along, a hand-held motor thing, with arcing brush/commutator, kerosene sloshing everywhere. A sure-fire newspaper event...

Last edited:
LOL 2M. I have detail sanders but also have an oscillating tool like this one.

0547281_1.jpeg

It oscillates side to side but the blades are nice and thin. Would fit between the fins just fine. Gonna try hot gluing some scotchbrite on some worn blades. I never throw anything away.

Oh well, I'll be ready for the next one!

Edit: Thinking along, a hand-held motor thing, with arcing brush/commutator, kerosene sloshing everywhere. A sure-fire newspaper event...

Ya, there is that. Maybe full rain gear required.
It is variable speed maybe I'll try the slowest speed and see how much of a mess I can make.

When I was teaching the fuel systems class at school, I would hand the students an old newspaper clipping I had about a mechanic that used a Makita batt. drill to remove a wing panel to find the fuel leak on a Cessna Citation wing. He blew himself and a 10 million dollar airplane into tiny pieces. Kerosene doesn't ignite real easy... but it will eventually light off. You don't want to mix electrically powered tools and flammable solvents. Pneumatic tools only.

Last edited:
Thanks Jim. Guess I'd better add a pneumatic oscillating tool to that list. :)

In high school I had this shop teacher who would be there in an instant when we were just beginning to get creative with the band saw.
He always had a story about a buddy who lost his fingers on the machine.
Kinda took some of the fun out of shop class.
;)

upload_2017-12-11_19-12-12.jpeg

Have you still got all ten fingers? Perhaps his "lessons" had some merit after all....;)
EDIT: Added the wink to show I knew it was all in fun:)

Last edited:
In high school I had this shop teacher who would be there in an instant when we were just beginning to get creative with the band saw.
He always had a story about a buddy who lost his fingers on the machine.
;)

View attachment 110678

where's all the safety goggles? Aprons!?

There are good teachers and there are bad teachers. I could count my good teachers on one hand.

Our metal shop teacher was visiting our machine shop class one day. The guy got his long sleeve caught in a lathe, he wasn't even running the lathe. He was damn lucky to just lose the sleeve. Later one of his prize students was electrocuted to death while welding. This guy was a real pile of shite, he would put his classes in a cubicle while he used the schools tools and materials to do his and his cronies own work.

Scott

Last edited:
... Pneumatic tools only...

Yes, absolutely, kill the electric power assist suggestions, and go pneumatic.

I have an old air saw just like this.
About 3/4" stroke, 4,000 strokes/minute
AirSaw01.jpg

I think I'll look into making some reciprocating cleaner attachments for it.

Ebay is loaded with $20+ airsaws like this:
AirSaw02.jpg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/350426213821

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/191491785946

Pun intended there 2M?

Well, we DID create a firestorm of commentary, dint we?

There are good teachers and there are bad teachers. I could count my good teachers on one hand.

When I was in high school I took metal shop.
The teacher had a small office off of the shop floor. It was a well known secret that once class started Mr. Cool would hide himself away in his office and smoke a joint ( this was the 70’s) leaving a bunch of teenage boys alone with power equipment.
One day these three boys were trying to figure out how to light the heat treating oven, they turned on the gas , with the door CLOSED and then looked and looked for the igniter button.
The following events went like this, with two boys looking in the window of the oven , boy number three says “Found It!” BOOM!
Door blows open , fireball rolls out of the oven , and two boys instantly had their eyebrows and eyelashes burned off.
Mr. Cool comes running out of his office yelling “ What the hell was that!?”
Back then, nobody told their parents what happened, teacher never got in trouble, it was a different time.

Back