1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

One Fix Leads To Another Problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 007sparky, Aug 5, 2014.

Tags:
  1. 007sparky

007sparky XS650 Enthusiast

Hi all ,

So I've now sorted pressing the XS stem into the GSXR bottom yolk or triple tree for USA folk and now I need advice on a system for a steering lock as xs lock to lock tabs don't line up .
    Any pics would be extremely useful

2. XSLeo

XSLeo XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Weld on new ones that do line up.
    Leo

3. 007sparky

I've managed to get it to work with a single tab and will grind big ugly crappy old ones off I think

4. Post pics up, that would help us see the problem. If it's anything like my R1 conversion, I just welded a tag down the middle of the neck and it sorted it right out.

5. 007sparky

Sorted it now but cheers all the same , as for pics I've tried posting before with no luck , ain't you got to load them via photo bucket or similar first then on the site ?

6. Yeah you do. Or you can upload them here on your photo album

7. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

You can also use the advanced button below your reply box and load them right off your computer if you're using a computer like us old fuddy duddys.

8. 007sparky

lol sorry I ain't had a PC for about 10 years , I'm using my Iphone to try and upload photos if that's possible ?