1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

One of the best looking Trackers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bergoff, Feb 21, 2014.

1. bergoff

bergoff XS650 Addict

2. rowdyrandy

rowdyrandy XS650 Enthusiast

looks like a stock standard tank, 74-77ish with the gas cap swapped. More of that dirt bike feel. good looking bike, I've got a kinda different tracker build going now that I hope to get up here soon

3. Yep, that's what it looks like.
    I believe the hardtails would look so much better with a stock tank than with some harley shit sitting high on the backbone making the bike resemble a mantis.

4. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

Double ditto! Would also like to know more about the modified hi-volume oil pump...

5. 80brat

80brat XS650 Addict

anybody know what rear shocks those are thanks

6. I want to know what wheels are those!

7. bergoff

bergoff XS650 Addict

They look like 17" Excel rims and hubs. If and when I ever have the extra cash it is a must do on my list. It sucks having responsibilities.

8. jdizon

jdizon XS650 Guru

Really like these ones I found online. Would love to build a tracker like these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bergoff

bergoff XS650 Addict

I really like the 2nd one.

10. arcticXS

arcticXS XS650 Guru Top Contributor

That bike has Excel rims and Talon hubs, as mentioned in the text. You can even see a Talon sticker on one of the hubs.

For my disc brake rear wheel, I used a Morad 2.50x18 rim and a Talon hub, meant for a KTM 500 MX bike, hub silver anodised, rim polished, SS spokes. The gold rim/hub setup looks really nice, but is a too big deviation from standard for me. This wheel looks really good, is much lighter than the stock drum brake wheel.

But there is a serious drawback, and that is gearing. My Talon hub cannot take a smaller sprocket than 36 t. With 18 t front, it gives the same gearing as 34/17. Using a 19" rear rim will raise the gearing around 4%, giving the equivalent of 33/17 gearing (actually a tad higher). But as mentioned in a previous post, the gearing debate may also be influenced by rephasing and engine tuning. Maybe my 277 degree 750 engine will be just fine at cruising speed with a 4.00-18 rear tyre and 36/18 gearing. Time will tell.

11. racerdave

racerdave ^ Gone not forgotten ^

Jdiz, any info/link to the first one?