Operation Street Tracker

Streettracker... Been away for a while and need to catch up. What did you decide on tires? You may have said but I'm sure I killed that brain cell.

Beemerboy glad to have you back I know how it goes. Golden Tyres from Chris Carr CC4 is the hit ticket for DOT street tracker tires. Check Rusty Rocket build page thats whatcha want.

New front motor mount from Eris Werks cleans up the front pretty nice.
IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

Been good Tim, will be moving here next month sometime so everything in the shop is back burner for a while. I really hope to hit the tracker real in labor and dollars late spring 2014 is the year she will be done. I have a street tracker group going on over here https://www.facebook.com/groups/streettrackermotorcycles/ if your interested lot of good folks have been taking part and a lot of nice street trackers. Hope your doing good and Merry Christmas to you man, maybe we finally meet in 2014 also! What is been going on with you and your bike?

Been good Tim, will be moving here next month sometime so everything in the shop is back burner for a while. I really hope to hit the tracker real in labor and dollars late spring 2014 is the year she will be done. I have a street tracker group going on over here https://www.facebook.com/groups/streettrackermotorcycles/ if your interested lot of good folks have been taking part and a lot of nice street trackers. Hope your doing good and Merry Christmas to you man, maybe we finally meet in 2014 also! What is been going on with you and your bike?
I got mine up and running late fall so I didnt get to much riding in before the snow started flying. I did find out what little I did ride that the valve seals must be hard as rocks because I have good compression but it burns as much oil as gas. Soon it gets torn back apart so I can cut the remaining tabs off,do some final welding and grinding on the frame and then off to powder coat. I have to get this done soon because I,m getting the itch to get back on my 32 ford project again and if I get going on it I will never finish the bike. Good to hear from you again.

Well I finally got over moving and starting to get some work done on my street tracker project again. I mounted my SSPB from Jim on the front of my Omar's battery box for a clean location I do believe. I am working on getting all of my electrical and components confirmed and a wiring diagram completed. Jim has been more than helpful on all the electrical I want to do on my project and assisting me in achieving what I want to do with my project, keyless, alarm, ignition and more. I look for more cool stuff out of this guy trust me. :thumbsup:
IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

No lower or stretch other than I know have radian swing arm which is a bit longer. This will be basically a vintage AMA Dirt Track street legal machine...street tracker!
Thanks Felix

Dave planning on a major update soon buy been real busy retired from government work after a good long career, moved, and then got head hunted and conned into being a consultant so now I am semiretired. I just not have had time to keep up here but plan to do some here soon.

But the good news is I have done some work got a radian swing arm Brembo rear brake and hanger all set up, reconfigured a battery and electrical box, working on 09 R6S front end conversion right now complete with Dan Shaw's West Coast Racing triple clamps that will house my headlight, speedo, voltmeter & signals. I have collected some of the major motor parts 277 rephased 250-30 cam & 277 rephased crank from Hugh, Wiesco 80mm 750 piston kit, cylinders are sleeved decked and done, got my Golden Tirers from Chris Carr, working on a cool exhaust not seen on a XS but pure old skool big twin flat track. Once the front end is done I can break it down to shave all the crap off the frame and weld it all up to start getting color on her while building the motor. Next big things needed to purchase is to get Kibble White to do me a screaming head and get Probe Engineering ignition. This will be the year she gets done, famous last words! I changed up things quite a bit you probably saw I was selling a lot of the parts I had but it seems to be the way we all seem to do it go figure!

I am seriously thinking of building the motor myself and I think with the awesome help on the forum and from what Hugh said he would be glad to help as always I sure would like the satisfaction of doing it myself especially ifs that beautiful roller is sitting there egging me on.

I am at the point of taking it apart and grinding stuff off the frame, painting the tank and seat cowl. Just can't get off my rear to do it. Still want to do the classic KR paint job, but I'm torn on that as there is many it seems, but doubt there are any to be seen here in Illinois. I'm really debating on how to do the frame. Stick with a basic black?, as nothing I've seen powder coat wise comes any where near a nickle plated looking race frame.

As far as paint you got to paint it the way you want it Dave that is that. If its the Yamaha flagship than thats cool it is their heritage anyhow. I am going to just do black on the frame as your right nothing powder coated comes close to the nickel plated frames. Hell get your frame nickel plated or chromed, I saw a new water based paint job that is very chrome looking that the hot rod guys are restoring some of their parts with you may look into as well.

She is for sale real close to finish accepting offers you can see current pic here and a video of motor running I am racing again so I need the room in the garage. To many things to lis but email me and I can get you the information and pictures.
IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2302.jpg

Good luck with the sale Donny. Seems we both took similar paths. Sold mine a month ago. But if I were to get back in racing, it would be grass dragging snowmobiles. Good luck with your season,have fun but be careful and keep us posted. :thumbsup::bike: Dave

Back