Operation Street Tracker

Got 1 picture looks like, tried 3 but need to figure out this new site.

Attachments

• IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0271.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 199
Need a little help being away for a while. I have Hugh's old hydraulic clutch system and tried to bleed it to no avail of course. so my questions are direction on trouble shooting my bleeding operation, and is there a far better hydraulic clutch I should be looking at now? Thanks for any and all help!

Thanks Dave, I saw ippytatoo had some Aprilia hydraulic clutch set up any body know straight scoop on that? Been doing a lot of searching and reading on this subject got tired of reading all the negative comments from many folks against several folks. Just looking for the straight scoop to the newest coolest hydraulic clutch set up please.

Nice Street Tracker JT can you tell me anything about Hugh's old hydraulic clutch system and getting the SOB bleed correctly and working? I know several have had great success and love it.

I was going to go with a hydro. clutch for my wife. I was worried that with a shorter lever that it might be a problem for her but its not. So I kept the stock clutch and have had no experience with Hugh's.
JT

Need a little help being away for a while. I have Hugh's old hydraulic clutch system and tried to bleed it to no avail of course. so my questions are direction on trouble shooting my bleeding operation, and is there a far better hydraulic clutch I should be looking at now? Thanks for any and all help!
ippytatoo was doing some good work with hydraulic clutches. Here is a thread from the "Shops" section:
http://www.xs650.com/threads/hyraulic-clutch-cover-mod-service.34785/
By the way, HHB never sold a hydraulic clutch. A hydraulic clutch uses a slave cylinder to actuate the clutch plates. He did sell a cable replacement hydraulic line, which must be what you have.

racerdave..........................yes I agree, he sold a cable replacement, not a hydraulic clutch. The clutch was still actuated by the mechanical worm gear. It was still a mechanical clutch. With a hydraulic clutch, the slave cylinder directly moves the pushrod . There is a big difference.
HHB was selling a scam. It was just a chinese pit bike actuator worth about $38 on Ebay, which he marked up and sold for more than 3 times as much.

Ok I contacte hippy hopefully he replies he has not been posting since 2014 either so will see. Mean while I will try to get Hugh's set up working thanks for the responses guys.

Looking good Don. Will you still use a Champ750 tank and the tail shown? Colors? How about a pic from behind the bars, looking at the tach/speedo? Making me wish again I had continued my project.

Back