OT: Honda CB500/4

scott s

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
So, I'm chatting with one of the instrument guys at work last night and mention that I just sold one of my bikes. He starts asking questions and then says "I should really sell that old Honda I have"...
Hmm, guess what my response was?!

Turns out he has a 1972 Honda CB500/4 that he's owned for more than 30 years. He parked it in the early '80's when a bolt on the top triple tree broke(?). Says he kicks it over from time to time. Engine is free. Was running great when the triple tree broke. Stored inside for almost 30 years. Clear title in his name. All original.
I asked what he wanted for it. He grinned and said "$300". I told him I'd take it, but I don't have a truck...could he deliver? "Sure", he said, "but don't you wanna look at it first?". I told him to get some pics and let me know. He says he has to move a bunch of old furniture his father bought so he can get to it.

Sounds like an OK deal, huh? I figure parts should be easy to get. How involved is it to repair or replace the top triple-tree? I assume parts are out there for these bikes. I'll let you know when I get pics or the bike.
School me on the old Hondas...I'm a Yamaha XS650 guy.

Parts would be pretty easy to come by in the UK, pretty common there. Just look on UK ebay.

Back