Painting Bike - Looking for ideas/recommendations

ejnogaski

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Well it looks like I'll be painting my bike in the near future and I'm looking for help. My current idea is:

1) Glossy black mags
2) Light grey or flat black frame
3) Bear steel handlebars
4) Not sure about painting the forks
5) Not sure about color for tank
6) Not sure about painting rear fender

I've done some searching around to see what I may like. I'd hate to paint it only find out that I don't like it. Any suggestions on what you might think look good based on the photos I've attached. The photo of the xs650 is my bike some time back, but you get an idea of what it looks like.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 171
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 167
  • bike3.gif
    bike3.gif
    234.6 KB · Views: 180
  • my-bike2.jpg
    my-bike2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 171
For your frame I would use SEM Hot Rod Black...it is a semi flat paint, and it is a single stage urethane....and it is TOUGH......I used this for the first time this fall on my '69 Mustang project car, was easy to spray, like i said, looks cool, and is tough and hard to scratch......I will be using on my tank and fenders....
Paint is by the quart with a half pint of activator and a half pint of reducer...kit is about 60 bucks....I painted the whole body of the stang with (3) kits....
Tom

Dude! That's such a hard question to give an answer to. You have to look at a bunch of other bikes, decide what you like, and go for it. Ain't nuthin' gonna be the same. I could tell you to paint it red with black flames, but your interpretation could be completely different. Just show us whatya' got!....(hmm...red with black flames..hmm)

I have my wheels powder coated burgandy, now painting the rest of the bike in 077 code Lexus Starfire. But have one question im not sure of on the orginal frame did yamaha use a enamel or lacquer. sure would like to know. Thanks

Back