Painting mag wheels....a tip.

Scottrt

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
When painting mag wheels with the machined outer rib face I use a light film of axle grease on the surface I don't want the paint on... this serves as the masking (or more accurately as a release agent). As long as you don't go apeshit with the spay patern/thicknes it is easy to come back the next day and wipe of the grease/paint and have a crisp line. I did this to a CB1100F I used to own and it made the job much quicker.
2014-05-17 001 006.JPG

:banghead: the pair as a package deal, how I got em too. :cussing:
Don't get me wrong, I bought, fixed, got em running, had a summers fun and made out pretty good. but still......:redface:

PS I tend to paint mags no masking, let em set for about 1/2 hour then start scrub paint off the polished area with paper towel and mineral spirits.

pentegram mag.jpg

I got a good price on mine cuz it barely ran after the guy put pod filters on it. It also had a. Supertrapp 4 into 1. I bought a tuning kit and between that and removing some discs on the muffler I got it running great. I rode it about 3 years... decided I wanted something different... Didn't have a chance to think twice because it sold within 8 hours for twice what I paid for it.

Back