• Candy green and white a la XS1

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Candy gold and white a la XS1

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Candy red and white a la XS2

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
3 full coats on the sidecovers... and I'm calling this one done. :D
I'll let 'em harden for 3 or 4 days then there's a few spots of dust I need to cut out of it, but yeah... I'm happy.

IMG_20200314_192228.jpg

Last edited:
I'll let 'em harden for 3 or 4 days then there's a few spots of dust I need to cut out of it, but yeah... I'm happy.

View attachment 161878
Jim, what is the jig under the side covers which allows them to remain stable?
If I cant find a nice set of used original paint 76 side covers, I also will need to do some painting.

It's a turntable made from scrap wood and a 1/4" rod. The vertical frame holder I made makes it difficult to get a good coat on the bottom. So what I did was two coats of clear, then tape up the inside of the sidecovers. Set them on the turntables and finish the outsides.

IMG_20200315_123310.jpg

View attachment 161878

HOLY HANNAH - so am I Jim!

I have been dealing with the effects of the COVID19 thingy on a bunch of my students who are working overseas for the last day and half and totally missed this.

Geeeezz Louise - the tins for Betty look absolutely fantastic - thank you SO much!

.....holy cow....

Pete

HOLY HANNAH - so am I Jim!

I have been dealing with the effects of the COVID19 thingy on a bunch of my students who are working overseas for the last day and half and totally missed this.

Geeeezz Louise - the tins for Betty look absolutely fantastic - thank you SO much!

.....holy cow....

Pete
Just hope when they get shipped back someone doesn't soak them down with bleach to make sure they are not infected!

I’ll tell you something else, Jim sweats over the details and does quality work. You want to know what my stupid expensive paint job on my XS2 got me? Primer on the insides of my side covers!
E1212C1C-9ACC-4A0D-926C-400145C322B6.jpeg
And this was done by a nationally known company that advertises in motorcycle mags. :mad:
I would not hesitate to send Jim work. :thumbsup:

I’ll tell you something else, Jim sweats over the details and does quality work. You want to know what my stupid expensive paint job on my XS2 got me? Primer on the insides of my side covers!
View attachment 161951
And this was done by a nationally known company that advertises in motorcycle mags. :mad:
I would not hesitate to send Jim work. :thumbsup:

AGREED - if you need paint - Jim is the man to speak with.

Pete

Last edited:
Pete's 78 Tins... Done.
Been screwin' off the last few days. Finally got around to the cut and buff. Done and done. Ready to box up and ship.

View attachment 162351

View attachment 162352

Jim, it is very obvious that you love what you do. ( I don't really know if you obsess over it -maybe yes, maybe no ) It seems to me with ALL your projects that you run your own race. There is no question that you are definitely aware of what is going on around you, but you always focus on your own path. Your projects communicate much more than surface values. This paint job is no exception ! Pete is a lucky guy . How do you do that ?

Back