What color should these tins be?

• Candy green and white a la XS1

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Candy gold and white a la XS1

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Candy red and white a la XS2

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
OK Pete.... 'afore I pull my hair out trying to duplicate this on the other side, let me know if this is the look you're going for. Jeeze... forgot how nerve-wracking pin-striping is...

pinstripe1.jpg

pinstripe2.jpg

pinstripe3.jpg

OK Pete.... 'afore I pull my hair out trying to duplicate this on the other side, let me know if this is the look you're going for. Jeeze... forgot how nerve-wracking pin-striping is...

View attachment 167862

View attachment 167863

View attachment 167864

YUP YUP YUP - that’ll do her just fine thanks Jim!

...besides, I suspect that the FIB police would embargo those tins and they’d never make it to cheeseland. :D

hehehhehe.

Thanks Jim - that really does look fantastic!

Paul, when I went up to get my tank paint, I told the young feller at the counter I wanted some lacquer thinner to wipe down my tank between primer coats and such. He said I could use what ever I wanted but I should use "Rust-oleum Wax & Tar remover" I thought, I'm not using "Bug" remover to make my tank ready to paint. It says right on the front, "For use before & after Sanding." Ok, I got a can and some tac rags. First spray and I thought, well, Sh*t, I just sprayed my tank with kerosene! But it smelled like oranges. To my surprise it dried spotless. I used it between primer coats, top coats and 2K coats. Perfect. It cleans chain wax and lube off rear wheels better than anything I've used, including gasoline. So an old dog can learn new tricks. Spray MAX 2K Clear and this Wax & Tar Remover. Good Sh*t! ( But you can use whatever you want :))

Back