What color should these tins be?

• Candy green and white a la XS1

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Candy gold and white a la XS1

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Candy red and white a la XS2

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
Off and on, it has taken me all day, but I have read the entire thread and feel pretty good about our world.
Thank you Jim for your patients and skill.
And a good amount of thanks to all who are contributing to this amazing thread Jim started.
I have several nicks, scratches and bits of rust all over Buzzy and will slowly arrest the worst of it before the cold weather sets in. This thread has given me many ideas (chief of which is to have Jim do it). I was not ready to restore my previous bike Rusty, but Buzzy has lots of potential.

What?!?! :er: Black covers are Special too II.
Jeeze, I crack myself up. :lmao:

Three full coats of Centari "Negro Intenso." I don't speak the language, but even I can figure out that means "Very Black." :sneaky:

View attachment 199194

View attachment 199195

Let's back up a bit... Bead blasted these covers and they were a little more rusted than we initially thought....
Found that in about 4 different places

View attachment 199196

Nothing a little J B Weld couldn't handle though.

View attachment 199197

Inside is a fair bit worse.

View attachment 199198

Didn't do anything to the pits on the inside. Didn't really see any point.
'Sides... carrying pits around on a 40 sumpin' year old bike is kinda like a badge of honor.
Don't really want to see 'em on the outside though...

View attachment 199199

View attachment 199200

5 or 6 days of cure time and she'll be Special-II :smoke:

View attachment 199201
Jim who are you getting the Centari Negro Intenso from

Jim who are you getting the Centari Negro Intenso from
Don't remember where this can came from Mikey.

Cavalry Blue Special tank.

Marty Calvaly Blue.jpg

No flex. The epoxy primer gives an excellent adhesion even without the additive. Silver stuck to that pretty good. Thought about using the flex additive but just couldn't justify the cost in my mind. Only paid 20 bucks for the fender delivered. The fender doesn't really flex that much in use so it'll be interesting to see how well it stays. Either way, it is what it is.

Silver was the base coat for the candy... figured I'd get a twofer for the day. :rolleyes:
Clear coated, it looks exactly like the POR silver I shot on the oil tank.

Just remembered.... I wiped down the fender with lacquer thinner until it got soft to the touch just prior to prime. I think that'll help.

Santa came early... :geek:
My DeVillebliss gun is about 15yrs old now. You can't get new parts (tips) for it anymore. It's a lovely gun but like me, getting a little long in the tooth. So....
Black Friday special.... $80 off. Stay tuned...

PXL_20211128_194817096.jpg

Santa came early... :geek:
My DeVillebliss gun is about 15yrs old now. You can't get new parts (tips) for it anymore. It's a lovely gun but like me, getting a little long in the tooth. So....
Black Friday special.... $80 off. Stay tuned...

View attachment 202409
Santa gets here early here too sometimes especially if I need something now rather than a month from now

No flex. The epoxy primer gives an excellent adhesion even without the additive. Silver stuck to that pretty good. Thought about using the flex additive but just couldn't justify the cost in my mind. Only paid 20 bucks for the fender delivered. The fender doesn't really flex that much in use so it'll be interesting to see how well it stays. Either way, it is what it is.

Silver was the base coat for the candy... figured I'd get a twofer for the day. :rolleyes:
Clear coated, it looks exactly like the POR silver I shot on the oil tank.

Just remembered.... I wiped down the fender with lacquer thinner until it got soft to the touch just prior to prime. I think that'll help.
Agreed, that inner fender is bolted in pretty tight. That new gun looks like a real nice one and in your hands I’m sure it’ll do just fine.

Back