Sold / Found / Inactive - PAIR OF 1-5/8" NICKEL PLATED JEMCO LOW PIPES, $80 SHIPPED CONUS

grizld1

Grumpy old man
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Pipes are 1-5/8" OD, 1-1/2: ID, 35" valve to exit on the center line.Torque peak optimizers from MMM at 650 Central at the exits, held in place the right way with set screws, not welded. Don't like 'em? Heat the screws to release the thread lock, twist 'em out, fire the motor, and the TPOs should dance right on out. AFAIK nickel is the exhaust plating that's most resistant to discoloration . These never showed a touch of it. Pipes were used for one season. Fit was perfection on my D, no struggles.

Then why the short use and why the very cheap sale? These things still piss me off after the passage of years. Mr. J. of Jemco swore to me up one side and down the other that he never, ever, would even contemplate producing a pipe with a crush bend! Perish the thought! He's all about laminar flow!

And he flat out lied in my face. The second bend is crushed on the inside on both pipes and produces a ~1/32" step against the flow. OK, mine's a street bike, the flaw won't register on the gluteal dynamometer. Still, does Mr. Laminar Flow know how to swedge a joint? Guess I just didn't have the standing for him to bother.

And then there's the matter of the welds, They're strong enough. They look fine at 10 feet to an untrained eye. Up close and personal they look like they were burned by a rooky as a training exercise: butt-ugly.

Same deal: payment accepted by mailed check only, don't wait for a reduction 'cause there won't be one, no trades or alternate offers, ad down in 10 days if no sale.

Friends, I'm begging you--get these @#/%!! things out of my face! IMG_0965.JPGIMG_0966.JPGIMG_0967.JPGIMG_0968.JPGIMG_0969.JPGIMG_0970.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0964.JPG
    IMG_0964.JPG
    248.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Interested in these pending pictures. Do these include the exhaust flanges?

Last edited:
Back