PAMCO Electronic advance

pamcopete

Ride.Enjoy.Life is Simple
Reaction score
Progress report:

In another thread I mentioned that I am in the process of developing an electronic replacement for the mechanical advance. The PC board design was completed then and I now have the initial quantity of first design boards. I assembled one of them, ran it up on the test rig, installed it in my trusty '81/H and it works perfectly. I may not even have to change the board layout, but we will see.

Installation was a breeze. Remove the advance springs, tie the weights in the full advance position, wire in the new electronic advance between the existing PAMCO and the coil, power and ground wires, set the timing as per usual and away you go. Like most electronic advancers, it is really a retard device that delays the spark from full advance to idle advance with the amount of delay changing with engine speed.

There are still a few more steps to take before the product will be available, but I am hoping for an early new year introduction. Projected price is $60. Eventually I will offer a complete system for the '80 to '83 models that will install without the advancer, rod and bushings.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Hi Pete good to here your keeping your self busy with this new gizmo sound's good,funny but whilst out trying to locate a puller for my new pma,was was directed to see Steve at the Two stroke-shop,(he had the right puller)got talking,he rephases RD-LC & was curiouse as to how I had tackled the igntion on my rephase (easy Pamco)any ways he showed me what he uses,a magnet pick up with a prograble black box where the advance curve was adjustble,belive me I know how much this affectes the running yes I have spent hours tinkering with those f***ing srings & weights,very intresting food for thought,might try & convince him to make me one for the xs if it can be done at a reasnoble price will keep ya posted ps goggle. twostrokeshop keep up the good work Steve B

Is there an advance "curve" / chart? This was the missing link for the Pamco IMHO Most excellent. Hmm it will need a "simpler" TCI kit also?

Don't buy it until it won't fry your coil under certain conditions like the original Pamco. Because it is a trivial feature for your guru to add if he truly loves you...

15952323-big-red-woman-lips-isolated-on-white.jpg

thats fantastic news Pete, sounds like a lot of folk have been waiting a long time to hear those magic words.:thumbsup:

Looking forward to when you are ready to take orders :D

Don't buy it until it won't fry your coil under certain conditions like the original Pamco. Because it is a trivial feature for your guru to add if he truly loves you...
Would you have a phone that broke if you turned it off wrong? Seriously. Maybe, just maybe, he will add a protection feature, or even has added that feature, due to some gentle prodding. I'm trying to help you out, but you won't have it.

This is not gentle prodding from a caring understanding nice guy who has our interests at heart.:thumbsdown: This is cumming from a guy who bought cheap Chinese waterproof boots that aren't waterproof :shootme:to save money and complains about it in the lounge as if we care. :laughing:

xjwmx, If you had done real work in boots before you would know that skimping on quality work, (any for that matter), footwear :doh: is bad for your feet/back and your whole body in general. Buy those $150 dollar boots and your shitty disposition might change:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Would you have a phone that broke if you turned it off wrong? Seriously. Maybe, just maybe, he will add a protection feature, or even has added that feature, due to some gentle prodding. I'm trying to help you out, but you won't have it.

Back