Pamco ignition

mattg666

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I just need a quick two questions answered... The pamco ignition kit came with 3 brass bushings... I have one installed on the actual ignition side. Do the other two go on the side with the weights? (Just wanted to make sure before I go putting them in and the. Need to take one out.

And secondly, can someone direct me to a place for easy timing set up with the pamco ignition.... It didn't have any kind of instructions.

Thanks!

Ok thirdly, my kit did not come with the weights... I ordered the pamco/PMA kit...will I need the weights or a bracket?

matt666,

Yes, two of the bushings go on the right side. The installation instructions are on the web site www.yamahaxs650.com Not all of the kits come with the advancer (weights). Which kit did you order?

You can search this site for timing instructions.

#24-2607 is the kit I ordered from mikesxs. I mean I WILL need the weights though correct? Or is that an optional thing? Because it came with the little plate on my rod with the grooves for the weights... But no weights

#24-2607 is the kit I ordered from mikesxs. I mean I WILL need the weights though correct? Or is that an optional thing? Because it came with the little plate on my rod with the grooves for the weights... But no weights

Matt, that kit comes with the new E-Advancer that does not use the "weights". The E-Advancer replaces the "weights". The slotted disk on the end of the advance rod comes that way from the factory but is not used in in this case.

Ok that's what I was thinking but just making sure because the little disk threw me off! Thanks!

Ok and also, I got it all done, just like the instructions on the site say, but I have two extra little pins (#14-0653). Just making sure this is correct... I installed the one on the advance side, and there were some already in the rod. These would be extras I assume because they are so small?

Back