pamco on a 533

- on the other hand a stock TCI is 30 odd years old, you cant get bits and will break down, more probably sooner than later :bike:

Slight :hijack: here but it is a Pamco question
I have perfectly good working TCI (at the moment at least) motor, starts 3rd kick. I know it will eventually start playing up & I always intended replacing it with a Pamco but wot benefits will I see over a working TCI? Because with auto advance unit etc.... I will need its going to cost about £200.
Cheers Kev

Mine starts first kick and I run it without a battery... You could also do a perm mag swap if you run a cam run ignition!!

Another note, I forget how much hotter the spark is in comparison, but I remember when reading the difference. I was definitely impressed. Although I will tell you part of the reason I didn't even consider the Boyer was that it wouldn't have been really compatible with a batteryless setup.

Something that came to mind when speaking of no battery is working voltages . According to Pete's info on the PAMCO it will work from 6 to 25 VDC so if your battery gets low....What's the Boyer need ???:confused:

Something that came to mind when speaking of no battery is working voltages . According to Pete's info on the PAMCO it will work from 6 to 25 VDC so if your battery gets low....What's the Boyer need ???:confused:

As I said before. I don't remember what the numbers were, but I am almost 100% positive that the boyer won't work or is very inconsistent on a batteryless setup.

Cant see how that would be an advantage,for arguments you could sake you could say Boyers better because its more connected to the camshaft.. Either way it'd the camchain/timing that could mess up the equation...
None of my TCI models revved-out as well as my Boyer equipped bikes,,
In the 80's I read due to tightening the rules on vehicle pollution(in the US) as well as fitting teeny little carbs, the japs messed about with the curve to give less power at 5000rpm -which is where they test for emissions...
Youre right bigjim, Boyer wont work without a well-charged battery in place !

I would guess the crank triggered iggy proponents would say it is less things to go wrong because of no mechanical advance-weights and springs and such.

True thats the obvious (pre-historic)weak spot ... theres no mechanical A/R on the boyer, all done digitally :wink2:

Back