1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Pandemic Cuisine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by YamadudeXS650C, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Machine

Machine Race the wind Top Contributor

2. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

thuban, MaxPete and Machine like this.
  3. halfmile

halfmile XS Builder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

kansas
    Cuisine that`s worse than the pandemic itself.:yikes: Love it.:thumbsup:
    Food 002.JPG

Mailman, TwoManyXS1Bs, 59Tebo and 5 others like this.
  4. YamadudeXS650C

I'm thinkin' you're a bachelor.

59Tebo, thuban, MaxPete and 1 other person like this.
  5. Machine

Machine Race the wind Top Contributor

Apparently not a hoarder :)

6. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

I make chili quite similar to that, but if it needs a little liquid, I use beer. The cheaper the better. PBR works good.

Then I scoop it over a mess of boiled potatoes mashed down with a fork. Must be the Deutscher in me, 'taters make everything better!

7. 59Tebo

59Tebo 59Tebo Top Contributor

PBR is like Schaefer. It's the one beer to have when you're having more than........ 10 or 12...... :cheers:
    I still likes my PBRs. It might be "the cheap stuff", but it's the sweet stuff, and if you drink it real cold, it's real good. And it's a predictable hangover. Yup. I've been drinking it for more than 40 years, and I still have some of my liver left! :doh:

Greyandridin, geedubya, GLJ and 2 others like this.
  8. Downeaster

When I was a drinking man, I liked Carling Black Label.

Talk about the cheap stuff...

MaxPete, Greyandridin, 59Tebo and 3 others like this.
  9. 59Tebo

Oooooooooooooh!!!!! That was another one! At 33-35* it was delicious! Above that, it turned to panther piss! I could get it at the drug store 3 blocks from my apartment for $3.99 a case (of 24). Another $0.99 for a big bag of potato chips and we're talking about a real cheap date night! :laugh:

10. YamadudeXS650C

Yuengling in the garage today.
    First you have to learn how to pronounce it :D

beer.jpg

OMG, this is morphing into a Beer Thread !
    At least it isnt an oil thread :eek:

11. Beags64

Beags64 XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Michigan
    First trip to Jamaica the bus from airport to resort had a cooler full of Red Stripes, cracked one open and thought "This tastes just like a PBR". Over the course of the week drank about 653 more just to make sure...yup, all just as tasty as the first!

12. Goldenboy

Goldenboy . XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I saw a composition/statue in the Museum of Modern Art in NYC in the early 70's in a Warhol exhibit. It was a manequin dressed as a bleary eyed, exhausted, blue collar worker with a Cat hat, a 2 day beard, and covered in sweat and grease. His belt was unbuckled. He was sprawled on a threadbare lounge chair with his untied work boots up on a coffee table covered with magazines and newspapers and an overflowing ashtray. In his greasy hand, with black under his fingernails, was a can of Carling Black Label. He looked like he just got home from work, plopped in the chair, gulped half the can of beer, and was about to belch. The explanation of this exhibit was," This hard working man would not sacrifice when it came to his enjoyment after a hard day at work, and that is why the artist chose the can of Carling Black Label."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  13. Downeaster

Yoon-Gling?

Young-Gling?

Beah?

14. YamadudeXS650C

Close !
    Yuengling is the oldest operating brewing company in America, established in 1829, based in Pottsville, PA.
    The beer is inexpensive.

MaxPete, Greyandridin and 59Tebo like this.
  15. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Goldenboy has a golden way with words! :thumbsup:

16. thuban

What? I've drank everything from Hopping Gator to SEB and I never heard of this stuff? :umm:

MaxPete likes this.
  17. Goldenboy

Goldenboy . XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

My friend and co-worker, Jules, sent me this picture he took of himself after a long shift in CT at the local hospital. He said these are battle scars from wearing a mask on these long shifts. He doesn't have a lazy eye, but must be awfully fatigued. He's Irish/ English and funny. He told me he sits on his porch all day Sundays, with a bottle of Glenfiddich and just sticks out his bottom jaw and squints.

Attached Files:

18. thuban

This is a Hero! Not my family members working at Wally trying to keep a their financial footing in trying times. A hero is somebody that runs into a fire not away from it. A hero is someone that runs into a family disturbance with shots fired! A hero is a doctor that stands with the sick and dying. A hero is a Navy Corpsman that runs thru a hail of bullets to try and save lives. These people , Hero's, can't quit, won't quit...it's their job and that is what makes them hero's. One of my family members working for Wal-mart that might catch a bug...There not hero's! This is still America as long as it stands. Your entitled to your opinions even If I don't agree, I support it. If I'm not bitching, I'm loading!

19. 59Tebo

When you can no longer pronounce "Yuengling", then you ask for "PBR"!

MaxPete and YamadudeXS650C like this.
  20. YamadudeXS650C

You can see video here:

MaxPete likes this.