1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Pandemic Cuisine

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by YamadudeXS650C, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Goldenboy

Goldenboy . XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I've been to that buffalo ranch in NYS. I just found out my cousin sold off his buffalo in Hope, NJ. My uncle had the first buffalo ranch in NJ. He died almost 20 years ago and had a sustainable herd of 27. He also tried to raise beefalo. A male steer must mate with a female buffalo, not the other way around or the calf is too large for birthing.

2. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...you might want to look up the definition of "steer"...

3. kshansen

kshansen XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

I'm not a farmboy but have watched enough shows on The Discovery Network to figure that one out even if not smart enough to catch it on first reading!

Greyandridin likes this.
  4. Goldenboy

Thank you. I'm still not old enough to know what I don't know... The right term is probably bull. My usage was exactly wrong.:eek:

MaxPete, Greyandridin and Downeaster like this.
  5. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

Yep, bull would be the term. Never around bulls much. Dad was all done with milking by the time I was out of diapers, but we raised beef critters. Usually got bull calves from the local dairies, made steers out of them and fed them out until they were big enough to butcher. 15 or 20 of them at a time, put one in our freezer, sell the rest which covered the feed and put a few bucks in the bank.

Between doing chores at oh-dark-thirty before school on Winter mornings and getting stepped on, smacked upside the head with shitty tails and wading around in knee deep slop, I learned to friggin' HATE cowz...

Paul Sutton, MaxPete, gggGary and 4 others like this.
  6. Goldenboy

My sympathy, but did you ever say," It's four o'clock in the morning and I wish I was pulling on some other kinda tits."? Now to another correction my wife pointed out. That glowing orb in the evening sky is Jupiter, not Venus. I'm neither a cattle rancher, nor astronomer...

MaxPete and Greyandridin like this.
  7. kshansen

Goldenboy, any chance your wife knows of a good easy to understand site on astronomy? I was doing a Google search the other day trying to figure out what that was and just got more confuessed!

MaxPete and Greyandridin like this.
  8. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Its interesting to hear about the decisions folks are making in the midst of this pandemic.
    I've been to the grocery store once in the past 7 weeks.
    Talked to a friend today who said his wife is risking her life to go to the grocery twice a week to buy fresh veggies to feed her rabbit.

Me, I'd stay home and make stew.
    Rabbit stew, that is.

[​IMG]

lakeview, MaxPete, Goldenboy and 7 others like this.
  9. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Cut up chicken breast, sprinkled with spices, wrapped in bacon, with a big slice of hop-a-lane-o and dipped in Allegro original. Just a little Evan Williams Honey to keep the fire going.
    eats.jpg

Armadillo Eggs.

MaxPete, Goldenboy, geedubya and 5 others like this.
  10. YamadudeXS650C

Invite me over !!! :)

11. YamadudeXS650C

OMG, What have I said ??
    Just got a picture of the wondaful wittle wabbit.
    I'm so sorry Bugs !! :doh: :doh:

Tammy and her wabbit :

rabbit.jpg

MaxPete, Jim, gggGary and 6 others like this.
  12. azman857

azman857 '80 XS 650SG Rider XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I've been making this dish for 35 yrs to go along with grilled steaks or chicken or whatever you grilled. Super simple and you can add more or less of any ingredient to your taste.
    Biker Beans

One can of Van Camp's Pork and beans. Cambells will work but it's sauce is runnier.
    1 or 2 tbsp Yellow mustard
    1 or 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
    a few shakes of McCormick Grillmates Montreal steak seasoning. If you like it a bit hotter, try the Spicy of the same.
    Sliced and diced yellow onion. A few slices from a large one diced fine. Or chunky.

Assemble the above in a saucepan and let it slightly simmer on low for 10-15 min.
    Customize amounts of any ingredients in future makings.
    Enjoy

MaxPete, Jim, gggGary and 4 others like this.
  13. Goldenboy

Farmer's almanac is where she gets her info'

MaxPete likes this.
  14. Goldenboy

15. kshansen

Okay I've held out about as long as I can!

There's a bag of Nestles Dark chocolate chips sitting on the kitchen counter that are going to be made into cookies in the morning!

MaxPete, gggGary, GLJ and 2 others like this.
  16. thuban

Tonight, Smithfield pork ribs, 1/4 rack, done Texas style! Make you slap your Mama! Just a little Jose Cuervo Especial, Blue Agave Tequila Gold across the lips and a dribble on the ribs! ( I'm sorry, but I just gotta put my fingers in my face!)
    ribs.jpg

17. YamadudeXS650C

You're killin' me !!

MaxPete, thuban and GLJ like this.
  18. 59Tebo

59Tebo 59Tebo Top Contributor

Mmmmm boy! Looks awful tasty! Of course, with that much Cuervo, you could be eating your shoes and it'd taste good.... :confused:

MaxPete, kshansen, GLJ and 2 others like this.
  19. Goldenboy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  20. thuban

^ It's hard to beat grilled Salmon!