Part hunting!

EmilSand

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Where to start, I own a beatiful 74" XS-650 that ive tormented into life with some violence, cursing and tender caressing.. Went through all the wear and tear parts, swapped the entire electrical system.. And the damned thing started on the eight kick, that from standing collecting dust in the old owners garage, not just dust but alot of strange mechanics aswell, alot of parts in the engine where straight out put in the wrong place etc..

But enough ranting, my XS problem, well problem might be overdoing it, but anyways, ive been searching the web alot for a hardtail, and ive ended up looking at the TC-bros http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/id22.html one for more then one occation, they seem solid and the contact ive had with the guys gives me alot of reassurance that they know what they do and that its a solid build. So the frame aint that big of a problem..
Maybe there´s someone here that owns, bought etc a hardtail from tc-bros?

BUT, theres always a but, I cant find a decent seat! Im after a clean wide seat with springs, since im going hardtail and I only have 1 back to cope with.. But my lazydays browsing the web aint just hitting the spot, its almost only the triangular overpadded seats that comes up.. :(
Anyone with a slight idea where to get a more sleak wider looking seat? Or should I go nuts and try to make my own?

EDIT: The problems often comes to my location, Sweden, doesnt seem that alot of ppl appreciate the xs650´s around here.. the only frame i found was a complete set, and the builder aint selling just the tail.. and the prise? 12.000 sek, thats about 1500dollars give or take some, for the frame alone.. :S

- regulations in the netherlands makes customising there a breeze, a lot of very nice work being done... you could try contacting them for some tips and advice

The TC Brothers hard tail is a nice piece .I just finished putting one in an XS650
and it all fits real nice ,you still need to take care in lining things up properly.
I'll be doing a couple more during the year.Good luck.

Well I actually got a good friend down in the Netherlands, ill get him to translate some of the site for me or write a message on their forums for me since I dont master the language.. hehe

Yeah about the lining-up and fitting the tail shouldnt be a problem, atleast i think, got some motorcyclefreaks in the family, one is actualling trying to push me into making my own frame, but i think that could wait for a future project.. hehe

- i find reading it is ok, trying to understand when theyre talking is impossible...ive partied with quite a few of them and find communicating in english no problem

Yeah the reading is ok, its a missmatch of alot of different languages, atleast thats how i look at it :p but speaking it? no way! too fast and complex for me :p

Spot on there Bloodhound! Sweet looking seats!

Back